Affiliation: University Medical Center Utrecht
Country: The Netherlands
- Fruit and vegetable consumption and mortality: European prospective investigation into cancer and nutritionMax Leenders
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Am J Epidemiol 178:590-602. 2013..Inverse associations were stronger for raw than for cooked vegetable consumption. These results support the evidence that fruit and vegetable consumption is associated with a lower risk of death. ..
- Plasma cotinine levels and pancreatic cancer in the EPIC cohort studyMax Leenders
School of Public Health, Imperial College London, London, UK
Int J Cancer 131:997-1002. 2012..People who smoke more than 30 cigarettes per day showed the highest risk compared to never smokers (OR: 4.15, 95% CI: 1.02-16.42). This study is the first to show that plasma cotinine levels are strongly related to pancreatic cancer...
- Polymorphisms in genes related to one-carbon metabolism are not related to pancreatic cancer in PanScan and PanC4Max Leenders
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Imperial College, London, UK
Cancer Causes Control 24:595-602. 2013..In this study, the association between genes and single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) related to OCM and PanCa was assessed...
- Reliability of selected antioxidants and compounds involved in one-carbon metabolism in two Dutch cohortsMax Leenders
National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Nutr Cancer 65:17-24. 2013..If multiple measurements are not available, the risk estimates can be adjusted for the regression dilution using the ICC as adjustment coefficient...
- Meat consumption and mortality--results from the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and NutritionSabine Rohrmann
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention, Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Zurich, 8001 Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Med 11:63. 2013..The aim of this study was to examine the association of red meat, processed meat, and poultry consumption with the risk of early death in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)...