Affiliation: University Medical Center Groningen
Country: The Netherlands
- Cardiovascular risk profile and cognitive function in young, middle-aged, and elderly subjectsHanneke Joosten
Department of Internal Medicine, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, P O Box 30 001, 9700 RB, The Netherlands
Stroke 44:1543-9. 2013..Because cardiovascular risk factors are established risk factors for cognitive decline in old age, we investigated whether cardiovascular risk factors are also associated with cognitive decline in young and middle-aged groups...
- Association of cognitive function with albuminuria and eGFR in the general populationHanneke Joosten
Department of Internal Medicine, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:1400-9. 2011..Most studies were limited to the elderly or did not take both renal variables into account. Therefore, this study analyzed the association of cognitive function with albuminuria and eGFR in community-dwelling persons aged 35 to 82 years...
- Lower estimated glomerular filtration rate and higher albuminuria are associated with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality. A collaborative meta-analysis of high-risk population cohortsMarije van der Velde
Department of Nephrology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 79:1341-52. 2011..Thus, lower eGFR and higher albuminuria are risk factors for all-cause and cardiovascular mortality in high-risk populations, independent of each other and of cardiovascular risk factors...
- The interaction of age and type 2 diabetes on executive function and memory in persons aged 35 years or olderMarlise E A van Eersel
University of Groningen, University Medical Center Groningen, University Center for Geriatric Medicine, Groningen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 8:e82991. 2013..10). In conclusion, type 2 diabetes was associated with cognitive dysfunction, especially in young adults. This was independent of other cardiovascular risk factors and APOE ε4 carriership. ..
- Reference data for the Ruff Figural Fluency Test stratified by age and educational levelGerbrand J Izaks
University Center for Geriatric Medicine, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e17045. 2011..This was not only observed in older persons but also in young and middle-aged persons. Reference data for the three RFFT measures are presented in groups of five years of age ranging from 35-39 years to 75 years or older...