Affiliation: University of Groningen
Country: The Netherlands
- Comparing genome-wide chromatin profiles using ChIP-chip or ChIP-seqFrank Johannes
Groningen Bioinformatics Centre, University of Groningen, Kerklaan 30, Biologisch Centrum, 9751 NN Haren, The Netherlands
Bioinformatics 26:1000-6. 2010..This shortcoming presents a bottleneck in biological interpretations of multiple sample data...
- Quantitative epigenetics through epigenomic perturbation of isogenic linesFrank Johannes
University of Groningen, Nijenborgh 7, AG Groningen, The Netherlands
Genetics 188:215-27. 2011....
- Evaluation of MeDIP-chip in the context of whole-genome bisulfite sequencing (WGBS-seq) in ArabidopsisRené Wardenaar
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Groningen Bioinformatics Centre, University of Groningen, AG Groningen, The Netherlands
Methods Mol Biol 1067:203-24. 2013..We conclude that MeDIP-chip is a reasonable alternative to WGBS-seq in emerging Arabidopsis population epigenetic studies...
- Genome-wide methylation profiling identifies hypermethylated biomarkers in high-grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasiaAgnes Lendvai
Department of Gynaecological Oncology, University of Groningen, University Medical Centre Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Epigenetics 7:1268-78. 2012..In conclusion, our newly identified hypermethylated DMRs represent specific DNA methylation patterns in high-grade CIN lesions and are candidate biomarkers for early detection...
- Epigenome dynamics: a quantitative genetics perspectiveFrank Johannes
Frank Johannes and Ritsert C Jansen are at the Groningen Bioinformatics Centre, University of Groningen, NL 9751 NN, Haren, The Netherlands
Nat Rev Genet 9:883-90. 2008..Here we argue that it is timely to consider novel experimental strategies and analysis models to capture the potentially dynamic interplay between chromatin and DNA sequence factors in complex traits...
- Features of the Arabidopsis recombination landscape resulting from the combined loss of sequence variation and DNA methylationMaria Colomé-Tatché
Groningen Bioinformatics Centre, University of Groningen, 9747 AG Groningen, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:16240-5. 2012..This level of robustness is remarkable, considering that this population represents an extreme with key recombination barriers having been forced to a minimum...
- MeDIP-HMM: genome-wide identification of distinct DNA methylation states from high-density tiling arraysMichael Seifert
Department of Molecular Genetics, Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research IPK, Gatersleben, Germany
Bioinformatics 28:2930-9. 2012..Therefore, a method for the identification of more than two methylation states is highly desirable...
- Undifferentiated embryonic cell transcription factor 1 regulates ESC chromatin organization and gene expressionSusanne M Kooistra
Department of Developmental Genetics, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute, University of Groningen, Haren, The Netherlands
Stem Cells 28:1703-14. 2010....
- System-wide molecular evidence for phenotypic buffering in ArabidopsisJingyuan Fu
Groningen Bioinformatics Centre, University of Groningen, 9751NN Haren, The Netherlands
Nat Genet 41:166-7. 2009..We found six QTL hot spots with major, system-wide effects, suggesting there are six breakpoints in a system otherwise buffered against many of the 500,000 SNPs...