Affiliation: University of Groningen
Country: The Netherlands
- Transection of peripheral nerves, bridging strategies and effect evaluationJ IJkema-Paassen
Department of Medical Physiology, University of Groningen, Ant Deusinglaan 1, bldg 3215, Groningen 9713 AV, The Netherlands
Biomaterials 25:1583-92. 2004..Future research should aim at developing longer guides, possibly lined with Schwann cells, or additives, improving specific reinnervation of the former target areas...
- Polyneural innervation in the psoas muscle of the developing ratJ IJkema-Paassen
Medical Physiology, Groningen, The Netherlands
Muscle Nerve 21:1058-63. 1998..Up to three axons per motor end-plate were counted at P4, but in the human up to five axons at 25 weeks of post menstrual age. This difference might be related to the lower percentage of type I muscle fibers in the rat...
- Muscle differentiation after sciatic nerve transection and reinnervation in adult ratsJ IJkema-Paassen
Medical Physiology, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Ann Anat 183:369-77. 2001..We conclude that a non-selective reinnervation and later readjustments by regression of polyneural innervation may in part explain the changes in distributions of various fibre types...
- Reinnervation of muscles after transection of the sciatic nerve in adult ratsJos IJkema-Paassen
Department of Medical Physiology, University of Groningen, A Deusinglaan 1, bldg 3215, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Muscle Nerve 25:891-7. 2002..These factors may in part explain the abnormal locomotion in rats as well as the limited recovery of function observed clinically in humans after nerve transection...
- Development of postural muscles and their innervationJ IJkema-Paassen
Medical Physiology, University Medical Centre Groningen, The Netherlands
Neural Plast 12:141-51; discussion 263-72. 2005..The regression of poly-neural innervation in postural muscles and the development of dendrite bundles of their motoneurons seem to be linked to the transition from the immature into the adult-like patterns of moving and postural control...
- Long-term reinnervation effects after sciatic nerve lesions in adult ratsJos IJkema-Paassen
Medical Physiology, University of Groningen, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Ann Anat 187:113-20. 2005..These increases, compared to data at 21 weeks, are interpreted as an aging effect...
- Dendro-dendritic connections between motoneurons in the rat spinal cord: an electron microscopic investigationJ J van der Want
Laboratory for Cell Biology and Electron Microscopy, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Brain Res 779:342-5. 1998..In between dendrites, elongated gap junctional complexes are frequently found. Dendrite lamellar bodies, recently described to occur in relation with gap junctions in the central nervous system were not observed in the present study...
- Corticotropin-releasing factor receptor types 1 and 2 are differentially expressed in pre- and post-synaptic elements in the post-natal developing rat cerebellumJ D Swinny
Laboratory for Cell Biology and Electron Microscopy, Department of Cell Biology, University of Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Neurosci 18:549-62. 2003..Finally, the distinct expression profiles of receptors along structural domains of Purkinje cells suggest that the role for these receptors is to modulate afferent inputs...
- Regression of polyneural innervation in the human psoas muscleA Gramsbergen
Department of Medical Physiology, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Early Hum Dev 49:49-61. 1997..e. the end of the second and the beginning of the third month...
- Corticotropin-releasing factor and urocortin differentially modulate rat Purkinje cell dendritic outgrowth and differentiation in vitroJ D Swinny
Laboratory for Cell Biology and Electron Microscopy, Graduate School of Behavioural and Cognitive Neurosciences, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Neurosci 19:1749-58. 2004..Furthermore, the effects of CRF and urocortin on neuronal differentiation and re-modeling may provide a cellular basis for pathologies such as major depression, which show perturbations in the expression of these stress peptides...
- Functional recovery after transection of the sciatic nerve at an early age: a pilot study in ratsMarcel F Meek
Department of Plastic Surgery, Department of Medical Physiology, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Dev Med Child Neurol 49:377-9. 2007..We conclude that a sciatic nerve transection in rats aged 10 days leads to long-term impairments in walking patterns...
- Development of the locomotor system in 2 G exposed ratsValentine Bouet
Medical Physiology Department, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Gravit Physiol 11:P165-6. 2004....