J J Hoozemans
Affiliation: University Hospital Vrije Universiteit
Country: The Netherlands
- Cyclooxygenase expression in microglia and neurons in Alzheimer's disease and control brainJ J Hoozemans
Department of Pathology, Academic Hospital Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Neuropathol 101:2-8. 2001..The different distribution patterns of COX-1 and COX-2 in AD could implicate that these enzymes are involved in different cellular processes in the pathogenesis of AD...
- Interleukin-1beta induced cyclooxygenase 2 expression and prostaglandin E2 secretion by human neuroblastoma cells: implications for Alzheimer's diseaseJ J Hoozemans
Department of Psychiatry, Research Institute Neurosciences Vrije Universiteit, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Exp Gerontol 36:559-70. 2001..Although the physiological role of neuronal COX-2 still remains unclear, we suggest an interplay between glial derived IL-1 and neuronal upregulation of COX-2 expression in chronic neurodegenerative diseases, such as AD...
- Immunological aspects of alzheimer's disease: therapeutic implicationsJ J Hoozemans
Department of Psychiatry, Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BioDrugs 15:325-37. 2001..This review outlines the pathological and genetic evidence that an inflammatory mechanism is involved in AD and the therapeutic approaches based on inhibition or mediation of inflammation...
- Complement C1-inhibitor expression in Alzheimer's diseaseR Veerhuis
Department of Psychiatry, Research Institute Neurosciences Vrije Universiteit, Graduate School Neurosciences Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Neuropathol 96:287-96. 1998....
- Establishment of microglial cell cultures derived from postmortem human adult brain tissue: immunophenotypical and functional characterizationC J De Groot
Research Institute Neurosciences Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Department of Pathology, University Hospital, Vrije Universiteit, The Netherlands
Microsc Res Tech 54:34-9. 2001..Upon stimulation with lipopolysaccharide (LPS), microglial cells secreted pro- and antiinflammatory mediators, i.e., interleukin- (IL)-6, prostaglandin E2 (PGE2), and IL-10, indicating the functional capacity of cultured microglia...