Esther A E Holthausen
Affiliation: University Medical Center Groningen
Country: The Netherlands
- Predictive value of cognition for different domains of outcome in recent-onset schizophreniaEsther A E Holthausen
University Medical Center Groningen, Department of Psychiatry, P O Box 30 001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Psychiatry Res 149:71-80. 2007..It seems that cognition most strongly predicts work performance, where having a cognitive deficit, regardless of the nature of the deficit, acts as a rate-limiting factor...
- Insight in bipolar disorder: associations with cognitive and emotional processing and illness characteristicsMarieke J van der Werf-Eldering
Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Bipolar Disord 13:343-54. 2011..To investigate the multifactorial relationship between illness insight, cognitive and emotional processes, and illness characteristics in bipolar disorder patients...
- Can variation in hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA)-axis activity explain the relationship between depression and cognition in bipolar patients?Marieke J van der Werf-Eldering
Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e37119. 2012..This study examined whether variation in HPA axis activity underlies the association between mood symptoms and cognitive functioning...
- Schizophrenic patients without neuropsychological deficits: subgroup, disease severity or cognitive compensation?Esther A E Holthausen
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Groningen, PO Box 30001, 9700 RB, Groningen, The Netherlands
Psychiatry Res 112:1-11. 2002..This suggests that a difference in cognitive compensation capacity could explain the existence of a CN patient group...
- Is the lack of association between cognitive complaints and objective cognitive functioning in patients with bipolar disorder moderated by depressive symptoms?Marieke J van der Werf-Eldering
Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Affect Disord 130:306-11. 2011..To investigate the association between cognitive complaints and objective cognitive functioning in bipolar patients, with a focus on the moderating role of depressive symptoms...
- Long-term memory deficits in schizophrenia: primary or secondary dysfunction?Esther A E Holthausen
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands
Neuropsychology 17:539-47. 2003..The amount of explained variance, however, is small, especially in general verbal learning performance...