Affiliation: University Medical Center Groningen
Country: The Netherlands
- Gene delivery by cationic lipids: in and out of an endosomeD Hoekstra
Department of Cell Biology, Section Membrane Cell Biology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Biochem Soc Trans 35:68-71. 2007..To further clarify molecular mechanisms and to appreciate and overcome intracellular hurdles in lipoplex-mediated gene delivery, quantification of distinct steps in overall transfection and proper model systems are required...
- PDMP blocks brefeldin A-induced retrograde membrane transport from golgi to ER: evidence for involvement of calcium homeostasis and dissociation from sphingolipid metabolismJ W Kok
Department of Physiological Chemistry, University of Groningen, Groningen Institute for Drug Studies GIDS, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
J Cell Biol 142:25-38. 1998..Thus, the biological effects of PDMP revealed a relation between three important physiological processes of multidrug resistance, calcium homeostasis, and membrane flow in the ER/ Golgi system...
- Efficient cationic lipid-mediated delivery of antisense oligonucleotides into eukaryotic cells: down-regulation of the corticotropin-releasing factor receptorF Shi
Department of Membrane Cell Biology, University of Groningen, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Nucleic Acids Res 29:2079-87. 2001....
- An apical-type trafficking pathway is present in cultured oligodendrocytes but the sphingolipid-enriched myelin membrane is the target of a basolateral-type pathwayH de Vries
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Mol Biol Cell 9:599-609. 1998..These remarkable results emphasize that polarity and regulation of membrane transport in cultured OLG display features that are quite different from those in polarized cells...
- Molecular shape of the cationic lipid controls the structure of cationic lipid/dioleylphosphatidylethanolamine-DNA complexes and the efficiency of gene deliveryJ Smisterová
Department of Membrane Cell Biology, University of Groningen, Faculty of Medical Sciences, A Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 276:47615-22. 2001..We conclude that in the DOPE-containing complexes the molecular shape and the nonbilayer preferences of the cationic lipid control the topology of the lipoplex and thereby the transfection efficiency...
- Membrane fusion induced by 11-mer anionic and cationic peptides: a structure-function studyE I Pecheur
Department of Physiological Chemistry, University of Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Biochemistry 37:2361-71. 1998..The data also reveal a certain degree of sequence specificity in WAE-induced fusion...
- On the mechanism of cationic amphiphile-mediated transfection. To fuse or not to fuse: is that the question?I S Zuhorn
Department of Membrane Cell Biology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Groningen, A Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Membr Biol 189:167-79. 2002..Ultimately, cationic lipids may be used in gene therapeutic protocols...
- Cationic lipid-mediated transfection in vitro and in vivo (review)S Audouy
Department of Membrane Cell Biology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Mol Membr Biol 18:129-43. 2001..Here, most recent advances in cationic lipid-mediated gene delivery are discussed from such a perspective...
- Ceramide transport from endoplasmic reticulum to Golgi apparatus is not vesicle-mediatedJ W Kok
University of Groningen, Department of Physiological Chemistry, A Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Biochem J 333:779-86. 1998..These results indicate that [14C]Cer is transferred from ER to Golgi by a non-vesicular mechanism...
- Reconstitution of membrane proteins into giant unilamellar vesicles via peptide-induced fusionN Kahya
Ultrafast Laser and Spectroscopy Laboratory, Optical Sciences, Materials Science Centre, University of Groningen, Nijenborgh 4, 9747 AG Groningen, The Netherlands
Biophys J 81:1464-74. 2001..2 microm(2)/s. The current procedure offers new opportunities to address issues related to membrane-protein structure and dynamics in a close-to-native state...
- Lipid trafficking and sorting: how cholesterol is filling gapsD Hoekstra
Department of Physiological Chemistry, University of Groningen, Groningen, 9713 AV, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Cell Biol 12:496-502. 2000..Recently, several proteins have been identified that play a role in the flow and sorting of all major lipid classes...
- In-vivo delivery of DNA and protein using conceptually new cationic, sunfish', amphiphilesM Haas
BioMaDe, Nijenborgh 4, 9747 AG Groningen, The Netherlands
J Control Release 101:401. 2005
- Functional mapping of the cytoplasmic region of intercellular adhesion molecule-3 reveals important roles for serine residuesJ S Hayflick
ICOS Corporation, Bothell, Washington 98021, USA
J Biol Chem 272:22207-14. 1997..This study delineates separable regions and amino acid residues within the cytoplasmic portion of ICAM-3 that are important for T cell function...