S C Gouw
Affiliation: University Medical Center Utrecht
Country: The Netherlands
- F8 gene mutation type and inhibitor development in patients with severe hemophilia A: systematic review and meta-analysisSamantha C Gouw
Department of Pediatrics, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 119:2922-34. 2012..6-1.5), and the risk in small deletions/insertions and missense mutations was lower (pooled OR = 0.5; 95% CI, 0.4-0.6 and OR = 0.3; 95% CI, 0.2-0.4, respectively). The relative risks for developing high titer inhibitors were similar...
- Discordant antibody response in monozygotic twins with severe haemophilia A caused by intensive treatmentS C Gouw
Department of Pediatrics, Van Creveldkliniek, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Haemophilia 15:712-7. 2009..This confirms that these environmental factors play an additional role in the development of inhibitors...
- The multifactorial etiology of inhibitor development in hemophilia: genetics and environmentSamantha C Gouw
Department of Pediatrics, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Semin Thromb Hemost 35:723-34. 2009..This review summarizes the current knowledge on the potential risk factors of inhibitor development. At present, many uncertainties still remain that will require collaborative investigation...
- Influence of the type of F8 gene mutation on inhibitor development in a single centre cohort of severe haemophilia A patientsS C Gouw
Department of Paediatrics, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Haemophilia 17:275-81. 2011..In conclusion, in agreement with earlier observations, the type and location of the F8 gene mutation were important determinants of inhibitor development in patients with severe haemophilia A...
- Risk stratification for inhibitor development at first treatment for severe hemophilia A: a tool for clinical practiceP C ter Avest
Department of Haematology Van Creveldkliniek, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 6:2048-54. 2008..Management of bleeds and eradicating inhibitors is complicated, costly and not always successful...
- Successful low dose immune tolerance induction in severe haemophilia A with inhibitors below 40 Bethesda UnitsP C ter Avest
Department Clinical Chemistry and Haematology, Van Creveldkliniek, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Haemophilia 16:71-9. 2010..Patients with a maximum titre below 40 BU mL(-1) may also strongly benefit from the beneficial effects of low dose immune tolerance induction therapy...
- Treatment characteristics and the risk of inhibitor development: a multicenter cohort study among previously untreated patients with severe hemophilia AS C Gouw
Van Creveldkliniek, and Department of Pediatrics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 5:1383-90. 2007..The development of inhibitory antibodies against infused factor (F) VIII is a major complication of treatment of patients with severe hemophilia A...