Affiliation: University of Groningen
Country: The Netherlands
- Spanjer A, Baarsma H, Oostenbrink L, Jansen S, Kuipers C, Lindner M, et al. TGF-Î²-induced profibrotic signaling is regulated in part by the WNT receptor Frizzled-8. FASEB J. 2016;30:1823-35 pubmed publisher..A., Oostenbrink, L. M., Jansen, S. R., Kuipers, C. C., Lindner, M., Postma, D. S., Meurs, H., Heijink, I. H., Gosens, R., KÃ¶nigshoff, M. TGF-Î²-induced profibrotic signaling is regulated in part by the WNT receptor Frizzled-8. ..
- Kumawat K, Koopmans T, Menzen M, Prins A, Smit M, Halayko A, et al. Cooperative signaling by TGF-Î²1 and WNT-11 drives sm-Î±-actin expression in smooth muscle via Rho kinase-actin-MRTF-A signaling. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2016;311:L529-37 pubmed publisher..The present study thus demonstrates a WNT-11-dependent Rho kinase-actin-MRTF-A signaling axis that regulates the expression of sm-Î±-actin in ASM cells. ..
- Gosens R, Dueck G, Gerthoffer W, Unruh H, Zaagsma J, Meurs H, et al. p42/p44 MAP kinase activation is localized to caveolae-free membrane domains in airway smooth muscle. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2007;292:L1163-72 pubmed..This reveals that directed trafficking of plasma membrane EGFR is an essential element of signal transduction leading to p42/p44 MAP kinase activation. ..
- Baarsma H, Bos S, Meurs H, Visser K, Smit M, Schols A, et al. Pharmacological inhibition of GSK-3 in a guinea pig model of LPS-induced pulmonary inflammation: I. Effects on lung remodeling and pathology. Respir Res. 2013;14:113 pubmed publisher..The kinase acts as a negative regulator in ?-catenin signalling and is critically involved in the smad pathway. Activation of both pathways may contribute to pulmonary features of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Koopmans T, Gosens R. Revisiting asthma therapeutics: focus on WNT signal transduction. Drug Discov Today. 2018;23:49-62 pubmed publisher..In this review, we revisit asthma therapeutics by examining whether WNT signalling is a valid therapeutic target for asthma. ..