- The remedial value of blushing in the context of transgressions and mishapsCorine Dijk
Department of Clinical and Developmental Psychology, University of Groningen
Emotion 9:287-91. 2009..Although people often consider blushing to be an undesirable response, our results showed that, in the context of transgressions and mishaps, blushing is a helpful bodily signal with face-saving properties...
- Saved by the blush: being trusted despite defectingCorine Dijk
Department of Clinical Psychology and Experimental Psychopathology, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Emotion 11:313-9. 2011....
- Dealing with fear of blushing: a psychoeducational group intervention for fear of blushingCorine Dijk
Department of Clinical Psychology, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Psychol Psychother 19:481-7. 2012..The positive effect of the course on anxiety measures suggests that it might be a promising approach for treating fear of blushing...
- Blushing-fearful individuals overestimate the costs and probability of their blushingCorine Dijk
Department of Clinical Psychology, University of Amsterdam, Weesperplein 4, 1018 XA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Behav Res Ther 50:158-62. 2012..These findings help improving our understanding of the mechanisms that may drive blushing phobia and also point to the clinical implication that it might be worthwhile to challenge blushing-fearfuls' judgmental biases...
- I blush, therefore I will be judged negatively: influence of false blush feedback on anticipated others' judgments and facial coloration in high and low blushing-fearfulsCorine Dijk
Department of Clinical and Developmental Psychology, University of Groningen, 9712 TS Groningen, The Netherlands
Behav Res Ther 47:541-7. 2009....