Genomes and Genes
T L Beumer
Affiliation: University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Regulatory role of p27kip1 in the mouse and human testisT L Beumer
Department of Cell Biology, Utrecht University Medical School, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 140:1834-40. 1999..Finally, we show that the expression of p27kip1 transiently increases by a factor of 3 after x-irradiation in whole testicular lysates. Hence, p27kip1 seems to be involved in the cellular response after DNA damage...
- The role of the tumor suppressor p53 in spermatogenesisT L Beumer
Department of Cell Biology, Medical School, P O Box 80 157, 3508 TD Utrecht, The Netherlands
Cell Death Differ 5:669-77. 1998..Furthermore, after irradiation, p53 is important in the removal of lethally damaged spermatogonia...
- Involvement of the D-type cyclins in germ cell proliferation and differentiation in the mouseT L Beumer
Department of Cell Biology, University Medical Center Utrecht, 3584 CX, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biol Reprod 63:1893-8. 2000..In spermatogonia, cyclins D(1) and D(3) seem to be involved in cell cycle regulation, whereas cyclin D(2) likely has a role in spermatogonial differentiation...
- P21(Cip1/WAF1) expression in the mouse testis before and after X irradiationT L Beumer
Department of Cell Biology, Medical School, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Reprod Dev 47:240-7. 1997..These data imply that p21(Cip1/WAF1) is a factor which could be important during the meiotic prophase in spermatocytes and repair mechanisms in these cells, but not in spermatogonial cell cycle delay or apoptosis induction...
- Effective generation of very low density lipoprotein receptor transgenic mice by overlapping genomic DNA fragments: high testis expression and disturbed spermatogenesisP J Tacken
Department of Human and Clinical Genetics, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Transgenic Res 10:211-21. 2001..Furthermore, male VLDLR-Tg mice transmitted the transgene to their progeny with low frequencies. This could imply that VLDLR overexpression in the germ cells disturbed spermatogenesis...