Genomes and Genes
S C Bakker
Affiliation: University Medical Center Utrecht
Country: The Netherlands
- A whole-genome scan in 164 Dutch sib pairs with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: suggestive evidence for linkage on chromosomes 7p and 15qS C Bakker
Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Am J Hum Genet 72:1251-60. 2003..04 and 2.05 were found for chromosome regions 7p and 9q in the narrow phenotype. Except for a region on chromosome 5, no overlap was found with regions mentioned in the only other independent genome scan in ADHD reported to date...
- The PIP5K2A and RGS4 genes are differentially associated with deficit and non-deficit schizophreniaS C Bakker
Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Genes Brain Behav 6:113-9. 2007..In conclusion, our data provide further evidence that specific genes may be involved in different schizophrenia subtypes and suggest that the PIP5K2A gene deserves further study as a general susceptibility gene for schizophrenia...
- An association screen of myelin-related genes implicates the chromosome 22q11 PIK4CA gene in schizophreniaB J Jungerius
Complex Genetics Section, DBG Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Psychiatry 13:1060-8. 2008..01). Our approach--of screening genes involved in a particular pathway for association--resulted in identification of several, mostly novel, genes associated with the risk of developing schizophrenia in the Dutch population...
- Schizophrenia genetic variants are not associated with intelligenceA F Terwisscha van Scheltinga
Department of Psychiatry, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Psychol Med 43:2563-70. 2013..Therefore, we hypothesized that genetic variants associated with schizophrenia, including copy number variants (CNVs) and a polygenic schizophrenia (risk) score (PSS), may influence intelligence...
- Genome-wide association study of monoamine metabolite levels in human cerebrospinal fluidJ J Luykx
1 Department of Psychiatry, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands 2 Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Psychiatry 19:228-34. 2014..These findings will hopefully contribute to an exploration of the functional impact of the highlighted genes on monoaminergic transmission and neuropsychiatric phenotypes...
- Region and state specific glutamate downregulation in major depressive disorder: a meta-analysis of (1)H-MRS findingsJ J Luykx
Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 36:198-205. 2012..These results fit the central role of the ACC in depressive symptomatology and suggest that in MDD changes in glutamatergic neurotransmission are state-dependent...
- Neuregulin 1: genetic support for schizophrenia subtypesS C Bakker
Mol Psychiatry 9:1061-3. 2004
- Pooled genome-wide linkage data on 424 ADHD ASPs suggests genetic heterogeneity and a common risk locus at 5p13M N Ogdie
Mol Psychiatry 11:5-8. 2006