Affiliation: TNO Quality of Life
Country: The Netherlands
- Prediction of in vivo embryotoxic effect levels with a combination of in vitro studies and PBPK modellingMiriam Verwei
TNO Quality of Life, PO Box 360, 3700 AJ Zeist, The Netherlands
Toxicol Lett 165:79-87. 2006..It is concluded that a combination of in vitro and in silico techniques appears to be a promising alternative test method for risk assessment of embryotoxic compounds...
- Predicted serum folate concentrations based on in vitro studies and kinetic modeling are consistent with measured folate concentrations in humansMiriam Verwei
Business Unit Biosciences, TNO Quality of Life, 3700 AJ Zeist, The Netherlands
J Nutr 136:3074-8. 2006..Finally, this methodology was applied to predict serum folate concentrations after intake of different fortified milk products for 4 wk, showing its benefits for the development of new nutritional products...
- The binding of folic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate to folate-binding proteins during gastric passage differs in a dynamic in vitro gastrointestinal modelMiriam Verwei
Department of Nutritional Physiology, TNO Nutrition and Food Research, 3700 AJ Zeist, The Netherlands
J Nutr 134:31-7. 2004..This could result in different bioavailability from folic acid- and 5-CH3-H4folate-fortified milk products...
- Folic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate in fortified milk are bioaccessible as determined in a dynamic in vitro gastrointestinal modelMiriam Verwei
TNO WU Center for Micronutrient Research, 3700 AJ Zeist, The Netherlands
J Nutr 133:2377-83. 2003..However, our results suggest that folic acid remains partly bound to FBP during passage through the small intestine, which reduces the bioaccessibility of folic acid from milk in this model...
- Bioaccessibility of folic acid and (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate decreases after the addition of folate-binding protein to yogurt as studied in a dynamic in vitro gastrointestinal modelKarin Arkbåge
Department of Food Science, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SE 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
J Nutr 133:3678-83. 2003..In conclusion, based on the high bioaccessibility of folic acid and 5-CH3-H4folate, yogurt without active FBP can be considered to be an appropriate food matrix for folate fortification...
- Effect of folate-binding protein on intestinal transport of folic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate across Caco-2 cellsMiriam Verwei
Physiological Sciences Dept, TNO Nutrition and Food Research, 360, 3700 AJ, Zeist, The Netherlands
Eur J Nutr 44:242-9. 2005..While folic acid remained bound to FBP after gastric passage, 5-CH3-H4folate was mainly present as free folate in the duodenal lumen...