Marieke W Verheijden
Affiliation: TNO Quality of Life
Country: The Netherlands
- Long term follow-up of health-related quality of life in young adults born very preterm or with a very low birth weightGijsbert Verrips
TNO, Leiden, The Netherlands
Health Qual Life Outcomes 10:49. 2012..or very preterm (< 32 weeks of gestation) children between ages 14 and 19, and second, to identify correlates of HRQL at age 19...
- Determinants of physical activity and exercise in healthy older adults: a systematic reviewMargot A Koeneman
TNO VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 8:142. 2011..Our aim was to systematically review determinants of physical activity and exercise participation among healthy older adults, considering the methodological quality of the included studies...
- Changes in self-reported energy balance behaviours and body mass index during a mass media campaignMarieke W Verheijden
TNO, Leiden, The Netherlands
Fam Pract 29:i75-i81. 2012..Prevention of (serious) overweight can be achieved by means of small behaviour changes in physical activity and/or diet...
- Rates and determinants of repeated participation in a web-based behavior change program for healthy body weight and healthy lifestyleMarieke W Verheijden
TNO Quality of Life, CE Leiden, The Netherlands
J Med Internet Res 9:e1. 2007..However, because of the known dose-response relationship between the intensity and frequency of counseling and the behavior change outcomes, selective retention may also be a concern...
- Web-based tailored lifestyle programs: exploration of the target group's interests and implications for practiceMarieke W Verheijden
Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research TNO, Department of Physical Activity and Health, Leiden, The Netherlands
Health Promot Pract 9:82-92. 2008..Hardly anyone was willing to pay for participation. The results from this study support the use of Web-based tailored lifestyle programs in behavior change efforts...
- GPs' assessment of patients' readiness to change diet, activity and smokingMarieke W Verheijden
Nutritionist, Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
Br J Gen Pract 55:452-7. 2005..In general practice, the use of algorithms to measure stage of change is limited, but for successful counselling it is important to know patients' readiness to change...
- Stage-matched nutrition guidance: stages of change and fat consumption in Dutch patients at elevated cardiovascular riskMarieke W Verheijden
Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Nutr Educ Behav 36:228-37. 2004..To assess the effects of stage-matched nutrition counseling on stages of change and fat intake...
- Lifestyle, nutritional status, health, and mortality in elderly people across Europe: a review of the longitudinal results of the SENECA studyLisette C P M G de Groot
Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, P O Box 8129, 6700 EV Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 59:1277-84. 2004..Improving and maintaining a healthy lifestyle in elderly people across Europe is a great challenge for the European Community...
- Nutrition guidance in Dutch family practice: behavioral determinants of reduction of fat consumptionMarieke W Verheijden
Division of Human Nutrition and Epidemiology, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 77:1058S-1064S. 2003..However, the role of habit in relation to these determinants is still largely unknown...
- Respiratory morbidity and lung function in two Aboriginal communities in Western AustraliaMarieke W Verheijden
Department of Public Health, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Respirology 7:247-53. 2002..To examine differences in the rates of respiratory symptoms, asthma and levels of lung function in two remote Aboriginal communities...