Leon M J Knippels
Affiliation: TNO Nutrition and Food Research
Country: The Netherlands
- An oral sensitization model in Brown Norway rats to screen for potential allergenicity of food proteinsL M Knippels
Department of Target Organ Toxicology, TNO Nutrition and Food Research Institute, AJ Zeist, 3700, The Netherlands
Methods 19:78-82. 1999....
- Assessment of protein allergenicity: studies in brown norway ratsLeon M J Knippels
Experimental Immunology, Department of Target Organ Toxicology, TNO Nutrition and Food Research, 3700 AJ Zeist, The Netherlands
Ann N Y Acad Sci 964:151-61. 2002..All together, these observations suggest that this BN rat model might provide a suitable animal model to study the allergenicity of food proteins in humans...
- Food allergy: what do we learn from animal models?Leon M J Knippels
Experimental Immunology, TNO Nutrition and Food Research, Zeist, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 4:205-9. 2004..The research areas that are covered include mechanistic studies, the search for new therapies, as well as screening models for hazard identification of potential allergens...
- Recent advances using rodent models for predicting human allergenicityLeon M J Knippels
Experimental Immunology, TNO Nutrition and Food Research, Department Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, P O Box 360, 3700 AJ Zeist, The Netherlands
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 207:157-60. 2005..In this paper, recent results are summarized of promising models developed in rat and mouse...
- Assessment of the allergic potential of food protein extracts and proteins on oral application using the brown Norway rat modelLeon M J Knippels
TNO Nutrition and Food Research, Department of Target Organ Toxicology, Working Group Experimental Immunology, Zeist, The Netherlands
Environ Health Perspect 111:233-8. 2003..The results obtained show that the Brown Norway rat provides a suitable animal model for food allergy research and for the study of relative allergenicity of existing and novel food proteins...