Affiliation: TNO Prevention and Health
Country: The Netherlands
- The effects of a health educational and exercise program for older adults with osteoarthritis for the hip or kneeM Hopman-Rock
TNO Prevention and Health, Division of Public Health, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Rheumatol 27:1947-54. 2000..The program, which consisted of 6 weekly sessions of 2 hours, included health education by a peer and physical exercises taught by a physical therapist...
- Protocol for Project FACT: a randomised controlled trial on the effect of a walking program and vitamin B supplementation on the rate of cognitive decline and psychosocial wellbeing in older adults with mild cognitive impairment [ISRCTN19227688]Jannique G Z van Uffelen
Research Center Physical Activity, Work and Health, TNO VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Geriatr 5:18. 2005..The literature provides promising results on the beneficial effect of exercise and vitamin supplementation on cognitive function both in cognitively healthy as well as in the demented elderly...
- The pattern of health care utilization of elderly people with arthritic pain in the hip or kneeM Hopman-Rock
TNO Prevention and Health, Division Public Health and Prevention, Leiden, The Netherlands
Int J Qual Health Care 9:129-37. 1997..The aim of the study was to determine the pattern of health care utilization of people aged 55-74 years with arthritic pain in the knee or hip...
- The effects of a psychomotor activation programme for use in groups of cognitively impaired people in homes for the elderlyM Hopman-Rock
Department of Public Health and Prevention, TNO Prevention and Health, Leiden, The Netherlands
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:633-42. 1999..To test the effects of the Psychomotor Activation Programme (PAP) on the behaviour and cognition of demented elderly people...
- Development and validation of the Observation List for early signs of Dementia (OLD)M Hopman-Rock
TNO Prevention and Health, Public Health Division, PO Box 2215, 2301 CE Leiden, The Netherlands
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:406-14. 2001..Development and validation of a short Observation List of possible early signs of Dementia (OLD) for use in general practice...
- [Indicators of early Alzheimer dementia in family practice. Development and validation of the Observation List of Early Symptoms of Dementia (OLD)]M Hopman-Rock
TNO Preventie en Gezondheid, Postbus 2215, 2301 CE Leiden
Tijdschr Gerontol Geriatr 32:74-81. 2001..Data reduction techniques were used to construct a short version. The first two patients seen on 15 working days (N = 470) were observed...
- [Health education and exercise stimulation for older people: development and evaluation of the program "Healthy and Vital"]M Hopman-Rock
TNO Preventie en Gezondheid, Postbus 2215, 2301CE Leiden
Tijdschr Gerontol Geriatr 33:56-63. 2002..Currently, Healthy & Vital is being implemented nationally by the Local Policy for the Elderly Knowledge Centre (www.lokoud.nl)...
- Once a week is not enough: effects of a widely implemented group based exercise programme for older adults; a randomised controlled trialM Stiggelbout
TNO Prevention and Health, Leiden, Netherlands
J Epidemiol Community Health 58:83-8. 2004..Gymnastics formed part of the More Exercise for Seniors (MBvO in Dutch) programme, a group based exercise programme for older adults in the Netherlands. It has been widely implemented since 1980...
- An implementation study of two evidence-based exercise and health education programmes for older adults with osteoarthritis of the knee and hipO R W de Jong
TNO Prevention and Health, Leiden, The Netherlands
Health Educ Res 19:316-25. 2004..The implications for nationwide dissemination and implementation in The Netherlands are discussed...
- Promotion of health and physical activity improves the mental health of elderly immigrants: results of a group randomised controlled trial among Turkish immigrants in the Netherlands aged 45 and overS A Reijneveld
TNO Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research Prevention and Health, Leiden, Netherlands
J Epidemiol Community Health 57:405-11. 2003..The aim of this study was to assess the effect of a short health education and physical exercise programme on the health and the physical activity of Turkish first generation elderly immigrants...
- Revision of the ICIDH Severity of Disabilities Scale by data linking and item response theoryS van Buuren
TNO Prevention and Health, P O Box 2215, 2301 CE Leiden, The Netherlands
Stat Med 20:1061-76. 2001..Based on these solutions, a tentative SDS is constructed. The paper concludes with a discussion of the implications, limitations and advantages of the approach...
- Assessing comparability of dressing disability in different countries by response conversionS van Buuren
TNO Prevention and Health, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Public Health 13:15-9. 2003..Comparability of health data is a major challenge within the context of the Health Monitoring Programme of the European Commission. A common problem in surveys is that many variations of essentially the same question exist...
- Exploring the public health impact of an intensive exercise program for patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a dissemination and implementation studyF J van der Giesen
Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:865-72. 2010..To evaluate the implementation of an intensive group exercise program in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- The onset of generalized osteoarthritis in older women: a qualitative approachP Okma-Keulen
Division of Public Health, TNO Prevention and Health, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 45:183-90. 2001..Heredity and a low health status at a vulnerable age may also be important. These findings could generate new hypotheses that can be tested in future quantitative studies...
- Automatic registration of falls and other accidents among community dwelling older people: feasibility and reliability of the telephone inquiry systemG J Wijlhuizen
Department Physical Activity and Health, TNO Prevention and Health, PO Box 2215, 2301 CE Leiden, The Netherlands
Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 13:58-60. 2006
- [More exercise for seniors: report of program evaluation]M Hopman-Rock
Hoofd Bewegen en Gezondheid, bioloog, Psycholoog, Epidemioloog, TNO Kwaliteit van Leven, Leiden
Tijdschr Gerontol Geriatr 37:195-202. 2006..It is recommended that the frequency and intensity of the regular MBvO gymnastics should be increased, to emphasize the importance of health education, and that relatively inactive and older individuals (70+) should be recruited...
- Walking or vitamin B for cognition in older adults with mild cognitive impairment? A randomised controlled trialJ G Z van Uffelen
Research Center Physical Activity, Work and Health, TNO VU University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Br J Sports Med 42:344-51. 2008..To examine the effects of aerobic exercise or vitamin B supplementation on cognitive function in older adults with mild cognitive impairment (MCI)...