Affiliation: TNO Prevention and Health
Country: The Netherlands
- Health-related quality of life in relation to gender and age in couples planning IVF treatmentM Fekkes
TNO Prevention and Health, Leiden, PO Box 2215, 2301 CE, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 18:1536-43. 2003..Specific subgroups of people planning IVF might be at risk of having more psychological or health-related problems. Identification of subgroups at risk may better enable allocation of appropriate counselling...
- Bullying: who does what, when and where? Involvement of children, teachers and parents in bullying behaviorM Fekkes
TNO Netherlands Organization of Applied Scientific Research Prevention and Health, PO Box 2215, 2301 CE Leiden, The Netherlands
Health Educ Res 20:81-91. 2005..In addition, teachers need to learn effective ways to deal with bullying incidents. Schools need to adopt a whole-school approach with their anti-bullying interventions...
- Development and psychometric evaluation of the TAPQOL: a health-related quality of life instrument for 1-5-year-old childrenM Fekkes
Child Health Division, TNO Prevention and Health, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Qual Life Res 9:961-72. 2000..This study shows that the TAPQOL is a reliable and valid parent's perception of HRQoL in preschool children. More research is needed to evaluate the psychometric performance of the TAPQOL in different clinical populations...
- Bullying behavior and associations with psychosomatic complaints and depression in victimsMinne Fekkes
Netherlands Organization of Applied Scientific Research Division Prevention and Health TNO PG, Leiden, and Municipal Health Service GGD, West Brabant, Breda, The Netherlands
J Pediatr 144:17-22. 2004..Subsequently, risks for psychosomatic symptoms and depression were calculated by means of odds ratios...
- Do bullied children get ill, or do ill children get bullied? A prospective cohort study on the relationship between bullying and health-related symptomsMinne Fekkes
Netherlands Organization of Applied Scientific Research TNO, Quality of Life, Leiden, The Netherlands
Pediatrics 117:1568-74. 2006..In our present study, we investigated whether victimization precedes psychosomatic and psychosocial symptoms or whether these symptoms precede victimization...
- Effects of antibullying school program on bullying and health complaintsMinne Fekkes
Youth Department, TNO Prevention and Health, 2301 CE Leiden, The Netherlands
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 160:638-44. 2006..To evaluate the effects of an antibullying school intervention in elementary schools...
- Unidimensionality and reliability under Mokken scaling of the Dutch language version of the SF-36P G M van der Heijden
Department of Statistics, TNO Prevention and Health, Leiden, The Netherlands
Qual Life Res 12:189-98. 2003..70), but that only physical functioning can be used for clinical applications of quality of life (alpha > 0.90). The relative merits of our approach are discussed...
- Are age references for waist circumference, hip circumference and waist-hip ratio in Dutch children useful in clinical practice?A Miranda Fredriks
TNO Prevention and Health, 2215, 2301 CE, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Pediatr 164:216-22. 2005..35, P <0.01). CONCLUSION: Waist circumferences can be used to screen for increased abdominal fat mass in children, whereby a cut-off point of 1.3 standard deviation score seems most suitable...
- Development, problem behavior, and quality of life in a population based sample of eight-year-old children with Down syndromeHelma B M van Gameren-Oosterom
Department Child Health, Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research TNO, Leiden, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e21879. 2011..Developmental outcomes were compared with normative data of eight-year-old children from the general population...