- Delayed posttraumatic stress disorder: systematic review, meta-analysis, and meta-regression analysis of prospective studiesGeert E Smid
Centrum 45, Nienoord 5, 1112 XE Diemen, The Netherlands
J Clin Psychiatry 70:1572-82. 2009..This study is the first to establish the prevalence of delayed PTSD in prospective studies and to evaluate associated factors through meta-analytic techniques...
- Cytokine production as a putative biological mechanism underlying stress sensitization in high combat exposed soldiersGeert E Smid
Foundation Centrum 45 Arq, Diemen, The Netherlands Electronic address
Psychoneuroendocrinology 51:534-46. 2015..Based on previous findings we hypothesized that immune activation, measured as a high in vitro capacity of leukocytes to produce cytokines upon stimulation, underlies stress sensitization...
- The role of stress sensitization in progression of posttraumatic distress following deploymentGeert E Smid
Foundation Centrum 45 Arq, Nienoord 5, 1112 XE, Diemen, The Netherlands
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 48:1743-54. 2013..This study aimed at examining the concept of stress sensitization prospectively in a sample of Dutch military personnel deployed in support of the conflicts in Afghanistan...
- Stress sensitization following a disaster: a prospective studyG E Smid
Foundation Centrum 45 Arq, Diemen, The Netherlands
Psychol Med 42:1675-86. 2012..This study aimed to investigate the occurrence and duration of stress sensitization prospectively following a major disaster...
- Late-onset PTSD in unaccompanied refugee minors: exploring the predictive utility of depression and anxiety symptomsGeert E Smid
Foundation Centrum 45, Diemen, The Netherlands
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 40:742-55. 2011..These results suggest that late-onset PTSD is a clinically relevant problem among URM that may be heralded by early depression and anxiety symptoms...