Ronald S A de Vreeze
Affiliation: The Netherlands Cancer Institute
Country: The Netherlands
- An unusual case of hemosiderotic fibrohistiocytic lipomatous lesion: correlation of MRI and pathologic findingsRonald S A de Vreeze
Department of Radiology, Pathology, Radiation Oncology, and Surgical Oncology, Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital NKI AVL, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sarcoma 2008:893918. 2008..Here, the MR characteristics are described in correlation with pathologic findings in a case of HFLL in the left thigh, an unusual location...
- Primary retroperitoneal myxoid/round cell liposarcoma is a nonexisting disease: an immunohistochemical and molecular biological analysisRonald S A de Vreeze
Department of Surgical Oncology, Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mod Pathol 22:223-31. 2009..Moreover, finding of myxoid/round cell liposarcoma translocations in a retroperitoneal localization is highly suggestive of metastasis and should prompt search for a primary localization outside the retroperitoneum...
- Multifocal myxoid liposarcoma--metastasis or second primary tumor?: a molecular biological analysisRonald de Vreeze
Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Mol Diagn 12:238-43. 2010..This study supports the metastatic nature of apparent multifocal myxoid/round cell liposarcoma...
- Oncogenesis and classification of mixed-type liposarcoma: a radiological, histopathological and molecular biological analysisRonald S A de Vreeze
Department of Surgical Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 128:778-86. 2011..For treatment stratification, detailed classification including molecular support should be performed in tumors with heterogeneous MRI features...
- Added Value of Molecular Biological Analysis in Diagnosis and Clinical Management of Liposarcoma: A 30-Year Single-Institution ExperienceRonald S A de Vreeze
Departments of Surgical Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 17:686-93. 2010..Treatment decisions and prognosis assessment for liposarcoma is based on a classification that depends on morphological and genetic features. Revisions by experienced referral pathologists are often advocated...
- Delineation of chondroid lipoma: an immunohistochemical and molecular biological analysisRonald S A de Vreeze
Department of Surgical Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, 1066 CX, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sarcoma 2011:638403. 2011..Conclusions. Chondroid lipoma is extremely rare and has several and more prevalent histological mimics. The differential diagnosis of chondroid lipomas can be unraveled using immunohistochemical and molecular support...
- Effectiveness of radiotherapy in myxoid sarcomas is associated with a dense vascular patternRonald S A de Vreeze
Department of Surgical Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 72:1480-7. 2008..Here we describe our results with preoperative RT and propose a mechanism explaining the high sensitivity based on the distinctive vascularization pattern of MLS...