Affiliation: Sophia Children's Hospital
Country: The Netherlands
- Auxological and biochemical evaluation of pubertal suppression with the GnRH agonist leuprolide acetate in early and precocious pubertyD Mul
Division of Endocrinology, University Hospital Sophia Children s Hospital, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Horm Res 51:270-6. 1999..PSS is helpful in monitoring the suppressive capacity of a GnRH agonist. We recommend to start with leuprolide acetate at 3.75 mg/28 days and to increase the injection frequency or dose in case PSS is >0 after 6 months of treatment...
- Effect of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist treatment in boys with central precocious puberty: final height resultsD Mul
Subdivision Endocrinology, Erasmus University Centre Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Horm Res 58:1-7. 2002....
- Early puberty in adopted childrenD Mul
Erasmus University Medical Centre Sophia Children s Hospital Subdivision Endocrinology, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Horm Res 57:1-9. 2002..Future issues include further study in the mechanism of early puberty in adopted children, evaluation of final height results of the growth studies and quality of life assessments in this specific group of children...
- Early puberty in girlsD Mul
Subdivision of Endocrinology, Sophia Children s Hospital, 3000 CB Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 16:153-63. 2002..A clinical approach is presented, including both auxological and psychological items. Further research is needed to answer the question of whether early puberty should be treated with GnRHa...
- Bone mineral density and body composition and influencing factors in children with rheumatic diseases treated with corticosteroidsD Mul
Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital Rotterdam and Sophia Children s Hospital, The Netherlands
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 15:187-92. 2002..57 (p <0.001 compared to 0). In conclusion, BMD and body composition in children with rheumatic disease treated with CS are influenced by physical activity, as well as corticosteroid treatment and type of rheumatic disease...
- Psychological assessments before and after treatment of early puberty in adopted childrenD Mul
Department of Endocrinology, University Hospital Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Paediatr 90:965-71. 2001..Treatment with GnRHa with or without GH did not increase emotional and behavioural problems in adopted children, nor was their self-perception decreased...
- Pubertal development in The Netherlands 1965-1997D Mul
Department of Paediatrics, Erasmus University Medical Centre Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatr Res 50:479-86. 2001..In conclusion, in The Netherlands the age at onset of puberty or menarche has stabilized since 1980. Height, weight, and body mass index have a strong influence on the chance of menarche...
- Gonadotrophin releasing hormone agonist treatment with or without recombinant human GH in adopted children with early pubertyD Mul
Erasmus University Medical Centre Sophia Children s Hospital, Subdivision Endocrinology, 3000 CB Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 55:121-9. 2001..Early onset of puberty is frequently observed in adopted children. During treatment with a gonadotrophin releasing hormone agonist (GnRHa), a decrease in height velocity (HV) precludes height gain...
- Final height after gonadotrophin releasing hormone agonist treatment for central precocious puberty: the Dutch experienceD Mul
Erasmus University Medical Centre Sophia Children s Hospital Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 13:765-72. 2000..In girls, GnRHa treatment seems to restore FH into the target range. A younger age and advanced bone age at start of treatment are associated with more height gain from GnRHa treatment...
- Final height after treatment of early puberty in short adopted girls with gonadotrophin releasing hormone agonist with or without growth hormoneD Mul
Erasmus MC Sophia Children s Hospital, Subdivision of Endocrinology, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 63:185-90. 2005..To compare final height data after treatment with gonadotrophin releasing hormone agonist (GnRHa) alone or in combination with growth hormone (GH) in short adopted girls with early puberty...
- Trends in pubertal development in EuropeS M de Muinich Keizer
Erasmus University Medical Centre Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod Update 7:287-91. 2001..Environmental factors seem to be the most important. Recently, attention has been given to substances with oestrogen-like actions that are present in nutrients. The possible role of these substances in growth and maturation is discussed...
- Growth hormone treatment in children with rheumatic disease, corticosteroid induced growth retardation, and osteopeniaF K Grote
Dept of Paediatrics, Erasmus MC Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Arch Dis Child 91:56-60. 2006..A beneficial effect of human growth hormone (hGH) has been reported but mostly in trials without a control group...
- A randomized controlled trial of three years growth hormone and gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist treatment in children with idiopathic short stature and intrauterine growth retardationG A Kamp
Department of Pediatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Sophia Children's Hospital Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:2969-75. 2001..This resulted in a considerable gain in predicted adult height, without demonstrable side effects. Final height results will provide the definite answer on the effectiveness of this combined treatment...
- [Hopeless and unbearable suffering and deliberate ending of life of newborn infants]D Mul
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 151:2235-6; author reply 2236. 2007