E J Wagena
Affiliation: Solvay Pharmaceuticals
Country: The Netherlands
- Are patients with COPD psychologically distressed?E J Wagena
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Centre, Hornerheide, Horn, The Netherlands
Eur Respir J 26:242-8. 2005....
- Efficacy of bupropion and nortriptyline for smoking cessation among people at risk for or with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseE J Wagena
Department of General Practice, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
Arch Intern Med 165:2286-92. 2005..No clinical trial has studied the efficacy of bupropion hydrochloride and nortriptyline hydrochloride for smoking cessation in this patient population, to our knowledge...
- A randomized controlled trial to assess the effects of reimbursing the costs of smoking cessation therapy on sustained abstinenceJ Kaper
Department of General Practice, Care and Public Health Research Institute Caphri, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Addiction 101:1656-61. 2006..For 6 months, participants in the intervention group could apply for reimbursement and received information regarding the reimbursed SCT. Participants in the control group received no reimbursement or information...
- Should nortriptyline be used as a first-line aid to help smokers quit? Results from a systematic review and meta-analysisE J Wagena
Department of General Practice, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Addiction 100:317-26. 2005..The objective of this paper is to evaluate the efficacy of nortriptyline for smoking cessation compared to placebo and bupropion sustained release...
- The efficacy of smoking cessation strategies in people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: results from a systematic reviewE J Wagena
Care and Public Health Research Institute, Department of General Practice, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Respir Med 98:805-15. 2004..Present evidence suggests that the most effective intervention for prolonged smoking cessation in patients with COPD is the combination of nicotine replacement therapy, coupled with an intensive, prolonged relapse prevention programme...
- Reimbursement for smoking cessation treatment may double the abstinence rate: results of a randomized trialJ Kaper
Department of General Practice, Care and Public Health Research Institute Caphri, Maastricht University, 3200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Addiction 100:1012-20. 2005..To increase the number of successful quitters, we assessed whether financial reimbursement for SCT would encourage the use of SCT and would as a result increase the 6-month point abstinence rate...
- Do drug firms hoodwink medical journals? Or is something wrong with the contribution and integrity of declared authors?E J Wagena
Maastricht University, Care and Public Health Research Institute Caphri, Department of General Practice, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Med Ethics 31:307. 2005
- [The efficacy of smoking cessation methods available in the Netherlands: a systematic review based on Cochrane data]M C Willemsen
STIVORO voor een rookvrije toekomst, Postbus 16 070, 2500 BB Den Haag
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 147:922-7. 2003..To obtain an overview of data from the Cochrane Library on smoking-cessation methods and aids available in the Netherlands...