Affiliation: Slotervaart Hospital
Country: The Netherlands
- Subjective memory complaints in the elderly: depressive symptoms and future dementiaB Schmand
Amsterdam Study of the Elderly AMSTEL Project, Department of Psychiatry, Vrije Universiteit, The Netherlands
Br J Psychiatry 171:373-6. 1997..These complaints have some predictive power regarding the development of dementia. The present study attempted to replicate this finding, and investigated which variables determine subjective memory complaints...
- Association between memory complaints and incident Alzheimer's disease in elderly people with normal baseline cognitionM I Geerlings
Department of Psychiatry, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Psychiatry 156:531-7. 1999..Therefore, the authors hypothesized that memory complaints would predict incident Alzheimer's disease in elderly subjects with no signs of cognitive impairment...
- Depression and risk of cognitive decline and Alzheimer's disease. Results of two prospective community-based studies in The NetherlandsM I Geerlings
Institute for Research in Extramural Medicine, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Psychiatry 176:568-75. 2000..Depression may be associated with cognitive decline in elderly people with impaired cognition...
- Increased risk of mortality associated with social isolation in older men: only when feeling lonely? Results from the Amsterdam Study of the Elderly (AMSTEL)T J Holwerda
Department of Psychiatry, ARKIN Institute of Mental Health Care, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Psychol Med 42:843-53. 2012..The current study investigated whether social isolation and feelings of loneliness in older men and women were associated with increased mortality risk, controlling for depression and other potentially confounding factors...
- Are memory complaints predictive for dementia? A review of clinical and population-based studiesC Jonker
Institute for Research in Extramural Medicine EMGO Institute, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 15:983-91. 2000..To review studies that have reported on the prevalence of memory complaints and the relationship between memory complaints and impairment or decline (dementia) in elderly individuals...