Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Slotervaart Hospital
Country: The Netherlands
- Ekhart C, Doodeman V, Rodenhuis S, Smits P, Beijnen J, Huitema A. Influence of polymorphisms of drug metabolizing enzymes (CYP2B6, CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, GSTA1, GSTP1, ALDH1A1 and ALDH3A1) on the pharmacokinetics of cyclophosphamide and 4-hydroxycyclophosphamide. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2008;18:515-23 pubmed publisher....
- Ekhart C, Rodenhuis S, Smits P, Beijnen J, Huitema A. An overview of the relations between polymorphisms in drug metabolising enzymes and drug transporters and survival after cancer drug treatment. Cancer Treat Rev. 2009;35:18-31 pubmed publisher..Most of the current data on the relation between treatment response and pharmacogenetics is derived from retrospective and exploratory studies. Prospective studies will be necessary...
- Ekhart C, Rodenhuis S, Smits P, Beijnen J, Huitema A. Relations between polymorphisms in drug-metabolising enzymes and toxicity of chemotherapy with cyclophosphamide, thiotepa and carboplatin. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2008;18:1009-15 pubmed publisher..Pharmacogenetic approaches can identify patients who are at risk of experiencing toxic side effects in high-dose chemotherapy. ..
- Ekhart C, Doodeman V, Rodenhuis S, Smits P, Beijnen J, Huitema A. Polymorphisms of drug-metabolizing enzymes (GST, CYP2B6 and CYP3A) affect the pharmacokinetics of thiotepa and tepa. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2009;67:50-60 pubmed publisher..Patients homozygous for the GSTP1 C341T allele may have enhanced exposure to thiotepa and tepa. ..
- Ekhart C, Rodenhuis S, Beijnen J, Huitema A. Pharmacokinetics of cyclophosphamide and thiotepa in a conventional fractionated high-dose regimen compared with a novel simplified unfractionated regimen. Ther Drug Monit. 2009;31:95-103 pubmed publisher....