M J L Ravesloot
Affiliation: Sint Lucas Andreas Hospital
Country: The Netherlands
- Assessment of the effect of bariatric surgery on obstructive sleep apnea at two postoperative intervalsM J L Ravesloot
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, St Lucas Andreas Hospital, Jan Tooropstraat 164, 1061 AE, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Obes Surg 24:22-31. 2014..The aim of this study is to measure the effect of BS on various clinical, respiratory, and sleep parameters of OSA at two postoperative intervals...
- The undervalued potential of positional therapy in position-dependent snoring and obstructive sleep apnea-a review of the literatureM J L Ravesloot
Department of Otolaryngology Head Neck Surgery, Jan Tooropstraat 164, Sint Lucas Andreas Ziekenhuis, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sleep Breath 17:39-49. 2013..A great deal could be gained in treating patients with POSA with PT. The aim of this paper was to perform a thorough review of the literature on positional sleep apnea and its therapy...
- Obstructive sleep apnea is underrecognized and underdiagnosed in patients undergoing bariatric surgeryM J L Ravesloot
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, St Lucas Andreas Hospital, Jan Tooropstraat 164, 1061 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 269:1865-71. 2012..Polysomnography is an essential component of the preoperative workup of patients undergoing BS. When OSA is found, specific perioperative measures are indicated...
- Reliable calculation of the efficacy of non-surgical and surgical treatment of obstructive sleep apnea revisitedM J L Ravesloot
Sint Lucas Andreas Ziekenhuis, Department of Otolaryngology Head Neck Surgery, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sleep 34:105-10. 2011..The effectiveness of CPAP compliance criteria can be questioned, just as the effectiveness of surgical success criteria has often been questioned...
- 'A good shepherd, but with obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome': traditional uvulectomy case series and literature reviewM J L Ravesloot
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, St Lucas Andreas Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Laryngol Otol 125:982-6. 2011..Due to immigration from developing to developed world countries, and to Western doctors working abroad, such doctors are increasingly being confronted with unfamiliar traditional healing practices, within a medical context...
- One hundred consecutive patients undergoing drug-induced sleep endoscopy: results and evaluationMadeline J L Ravesloot
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Sint Lucas Andreas Ziekenhuis, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Laryngoscope 121:2710-6. 2011..The aim of this prospective study was to document the results of 100 consecutive DISE procedures and investigate associations between PSG and DISE findings...
- Exploration of the relationship between sleep position and isolated tongue base or multilevel surgery in obstructive sleep apneaJ P van Maanen
Department of Otolaryngology Head Neck Surgery, Sint Lucas Andreas Ziekenhuis, Jan Tooropstraat 164, 1061 AE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 269:2129-36. 2012..The results of isolated base of tongue or multilevel surgery in position-dependent OSA patients leave room for improvement, possibly through positional therapy...
- Long-term self-reported treatment effects and experience of radiofrequency-induced thermotherapy of the inferior turbinates performed under local anesthesia: a retrospective analysisF Safiruddin
Department of Otolaryngology, Sint Lucas Andreas Hospital, P O Box 9243, 1006AE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 270:1849-53. 2013..This study shows that RFITT performed under local anesthesia is a valuable, minimally invasive, patient-friendly and well-tolerated treatment in patients with impaired nasal passage due to inferior turbinate hypertrophy...