W C H Jacobs
Affiliation: Sint Maartenskliniek
Country: The Netherlands
- Fusion for low-grade adult isthmic spondylolisthesis: a systematic review of the literatureWilco C H Jacobs
Department of Orthopedic Research, Sint Maartenskliniek, Hengstdal 3, P O Box 9011, GM 6500 Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Spine J 15:391-402. 2006..The outcomes of fusion are generally good, but reports vary widely...
- Methodology and reporting of randomised controlled trialsW C H Jacobs
Department of Orthopaedic Research, Sint Maartenskliniek, Hengstdal 3, 6522 JV or P O Box 9011, 6500 GM Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Knee 11:423-5. 2004..These limitations pertain to randomisation, blinding, outcome assessments and data reporting. The principles related to these issues are discussed with solutions and improvements provided...
- Retention versus removal of the posterior cruciate ligament in total knee replacement: a systematic literature review within the Cochrane frameworkWilco C H Jacobs
Sint Maartenskliniek, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Knee Reconstruction Unit, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Acta Orthop 76:757-68. 2005..The objective of this study was to establish the difference in functional, clinical, and radiological outcome between retention and removal of the PCL...
- Total disc replacement for chronic low back pain: background and a systematic review of the literatureM de Kleuver
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Sint Maartenskliniek, Hengstdal 3, 6522 JV Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Spine J 12:108-16. 2003..Therefore, total disc replacements should be considered experimental procedures and should only be used in strict clinical trials...
- Good outcome and restoration of lordosis after anterior lumbar interbody fusion with additional posterior fixationPaul W Pavlov
Department of Orthopaedics, Sint Maartenskliniek, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:1893-9; discussion 1900. 2004....
- Effects of the balanced gap technique on femoral component rotation in TKAPetra J C Heesterbeek
Department of Research, Development and Education, Sint Maartenskliniek, Postbox 9011, 6500 GM Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin Orthop Relat Res 467:1015-22. 2009..The use of the balanced gap implantation technique theoretically will result in a balanced flexion gap, but the amount of femoral component rotation will be variable owing to patient variability and variation in ligament releases...
- The value of a pantaloon cast test in surgical decision making for chronic low back pain patients: a systematic review of the literature supplemented with a prospective cohort studyPaul C Willems
Department of Orthopedics, Institute for Spine Surgery and Applied Research ISSAR, Sint Maartenskliniek, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Spine J 15:1487-94. 2006..The test has no value in patients who have had previous spine surgery...
- A comparison of reproducibility of measurement techniques for patella position on axial radiographs after total knee arthroplastyP J C Heesterbeek
Sint Maartenskliniek, Research, Development and Education, Orthopaedic Research Unit, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Knee 14:411-6. 2007..Based on our study we recommend that the most reproducible method to use for measurement of tilt, is Lateral Patellar Tilt; to measure displacement, the surgeon should use the Patellar Displacement technique...
- No effect of traction in patients with low back pain: a single centre, single blind, randomized controlled trial of Intervertebral Differential Dynamics TherapyJanneke J P Schimmel
Department of Research Development and Education, Sint Maartenskliniek, PO Box 9011, 6500 GM, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Spine J 18:1843-50. 2009..The added axial, intermittent, mechanical traction of IDD Therapy to a standard graded activity program has been shown not to be effective...
- The anterior-posterior laxity after total knee arthroplasty inserted with a ligament tensorC T H van Hal
Department of Orthopedics, Sint Maartenskliniek, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 15:1019-22. 2007..This limited laxity does not seem to disadvantage the mean postoperative ROM and KSS, when compared to other TKA studies...
- Distal tuberosity osteotomy in open wedge high tibial osteotomy can prevent patella infera: a new techniqueR D A Gaasbeek
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Limb Deformity Reconstruction Unit, Sint Maartenskliniek, P O Box 9011, 6500 GM Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Knee 11:457-61. 2004..Distal tuberosity osteotomy in open wedge high tibial osteotomy appears effective in preventing patella infera...
- Pain and function after intradiscal electrothermal treatment (IDET) for symptomatic lumbar disc degenerationM Spruit
Orthopedic Research Unit, Sint Maartenskliniek Research, Sint Maartenskliniek PO Box 9011, 6500 GM Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Spine J 11:589-93. 2002..047). Based on these results, we conclude that IDET is not effective in reducing pain and improving functional performance in a sample of 20 patients treated for chronic discogenic low back pain after 6 months follow-up...
- The use of the knee joint-line balancer to control patella position in revision total knee arthroplastyArno M ten Ham
Department of Orthopaedics, Sint Maartenskliniek, Hengstdal 3, P O Box 9011, Nijmegen 6500 GM, The Netherlands
Knee 12:89-92. 2005..6 mm after revision, with only one patient having a patella baja. This new device, adjustable kneespacer for revision TKA ("the KJB"), seems to provide better control of the patellar position in total knee revision...