Affiliation: Sint Lucas Andreas Hospital
Country: The Netherlands
- Treatment of post-myocardial infarction depressive disorder: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial with mirtazapineAdriaan Honig
Department of Psychiatry, St Lucas Andreas Hospital Amsterdam, PO Box 9243, 1006 AE, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Psychosom Med 69:606-13. 2007..Antidepressants used in post MI trials with a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled design have been restricted to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Antidepressant effects have been limited...
- Nonresponse to treatment for depression following myocardial infarction: association with subsequent cardiac eventsPeter De Jonge
Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen 9700 RB, The Netherlands
Am J Psychiatry 164:1371-8. 2007..This may be because of the limited effects of antidepressive treatment on depression itself. The authors assessed whether nonresponse to treatment of post-myocardial infarction depression is associated with new cardiac events...
- Whole blood serotonin and platelet activation in depressed post-myocardial infarction patientsAnnique Schins
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Maastricht, PO Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Life Sci 76:637-50. 2004..Platelet and whole blood 5-HT, but not platelet activation was significantly increased in depressed post-MI patients. Treatment with mirtazapine showed a non-significant decrease in platelet activation and platelet 5-HT...
- Noncardiac chest pain in the emergency department: the role of cardiac history, anxiety or depression and Type D personalityPetra M J C Kuijpers
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 14:273-9. 2007..We examined whether cardiac history or Type D personality was associated with panic disorder and/or depression-driven noncardiac chest pain...
- Treatment of depression after myocardial infarction and the effects on cardiac prognosis and quality of life: rationale and outline of the Myocardial INfarction and Depression-Intervention Trial (MIND-IT)Rob H S van den Brink
Department of Psychiatry, Graduate School of Behavioral and Cognitive Neurosciences, University Hospital Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Am Heart J 144:219-25. 2002..The Myocardial INfarction and Depression-Intervention Trial (MIND-IT) investigates whether antidepressive treatment can improve the cardiac prognosis for these patients. The rationale and outline of the study are described...
- Increased cerebral serotonin-2A receptor binding in depressed patients with myocardial infarctionAnnique Schins
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Maastricht, P O Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Psychiatry Res 139:155-63. 2005..Both post-MI depression and MI seem to be associated with changes in 5-HT(2A) receptor binding...
- Increased coronary events in depressed cardiovascular patients: 5-HT2A receptor as missing link?Annique Schins
Department of Psychiatry, Academic Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Psychosom Med 65:729-37. 2003..Data on the influence of antidepressants on parameters of platelet activation are summarized...
- Inflammatory markers in depressed post-myocardial infarction patientsAnnique Schins
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Maastricht, P Debyelaan 25, P O Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Psychiatr Res 39:137-44. 2005..It was the aim of this study to test the hypothesis that depression in post-MI patients is associated with increased inflammation as compared to non-depressed post-MI patients...
- One year cumulative incidence of depression following myocardial infarction and impact on cardiac outcomeJacqueline J M H Strik
Department of Psychiatry, Academic Hospital Maastricht, University of Maastricht, PO Box 5800, Maastricht, 2002 AZ, The Netherlands
J Psychosom Res 56:59-66. 2004..Furthermore, it was evaluated whether in first-MI patients major and minor depression, and depressive symptoms, had an impact on cardiac mortality and morbidity up to 3 years post MI...
- [Pregnant women with psychiatric illness are able to stop smoking]Mirte Smit
Sint Lucas Andreas Ziekenhuis, afd Kindergeneeskunde, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 155:A3887. 2012..Treatment with bupropion and an online support program helped her to give up smoking. We advise that every smoking pregnant woman with psychiatric problems be treated concurrently for the psychiatric illness and for smoking...
- [Intrauterine exposure to SSRIs: no reason for routine hypoglycaemia screening]Joris J van Driel
Sint Lucas Andreas Ziekenhuis, POP expertisecentrum Psychiatrie, Obstetrie en Pediatrie, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 154:A339. 2010..To investigate whether neonates who have been exposed to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) in utero have a higher risk of hypoglycaemia than unexposed neonates...
- Relation of levels of serum lipoproteins to depression after acute myocardial infarctionJacqueline J M H Strik
Department of Psychiatry, Academic Hospital Maastricht University of Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 90:1368-70. 2002
- Treatment of post-myocardial infarction depressive disorderAstrid M G Kuyper
Department of Psychiatry, Academic Medical Center Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Expert Rev Neurother 8:1115-23. 2008..Five leading randomized controlled trials are discussed, showing safety and efficacy of antidepressive treatment in post-MI patients. Effects on cardiac outcome remain unclear...
- Comparison of the SF-36 Five-item Mental Health Inventory and Beck Depression Inventory for the screening of depressive symptoms in chronic dialysis patientsTessa O van den Beukel
Department of Nephrology, Sint Lucas Andreas Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:4453-7. 2012..Moreover, we determined the optimal MHI-5 cut-off score to assess depressive symptoms...
- [Withdrawal in newborns after exposure to psychotropic medications during pregnancy]Noera Kieviet
Sint Lucas Andreas Ziekenhuis, Psychiatrie Obstetrie Pediatrie expertisecentrum, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 156:A4395. 2012..In withdrawal symptoms supportive measures such as feeding on demand and swaddling are usually sufficient. If withdrawal symptoms are severe, phenobarbital is a therapeutic option...
- [Effects of bariatric surgery not affected by psychiatric comorbidity: a systematic review of studies of morbidly obese patients]A C M Ton Vergouwen
Sint Lucas Andreas Ziekenhuis, afd Psychiatrie, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 154:A1678. 2010..To review the literature on the predictive value of psychiatric comorbidity for weight loss following bariatric surgery in patients with morbid obesity...
- Beta-thromboglobulin and platelet factor 4 levels in post-myocardial infarction patients with major depressionPetra M J C Kuijpers
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Maastricht, P O Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Psychiatry Res 109:207-10. 2002..PF4 was significantly higher in the depressed group than in the non-depressed group. beta-TG was increased in the depressed subgroup, but the difference was not statistically significant...
- Relationship between left ventricular dysfunction and depression following myocardial infarction: data from the MIND-ITJoost P van Melle
Department of Cardiology, Thorax Centre, University Medical Centre Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 26:2650-6. 2005..We explored the relationship between left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) and depression in MI patients...
- Atypical cognitive profile in patients with depression after myocardial infarctionJeanette B Dijkstra
Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, Maastricht University Hospital, P O Box 5800, 6202 AZ, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Affect Disord 70:181-90. 2002..We evaluated the cognitive profile of 48 patients with major depression following their first myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Mood, prolactin and cortisol responses following intravenous L-tryptophan challenge: evidence for serotonergic vulnerability in first-degree relatives of bipolar patientsSjacko Sobczak
Brain and Behaviour Institute, Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, Universiteit Maastricht, The Netherlands
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 5:249-54. 2002..Hormonal and mood effects did not differ between FH and controls. Results show some evidence for differences in serotonergic vulnerability between relatives of type I BD patients and relatives of type II BD patients...
- Fluvoxamine versus fluoxetine in major depressive episode: a double-blind randomised comparisonJean Dalery
Hopital Neurologique Pierre Wertheimer, F 69003 Lyon, France
Hum Psychopharmacol 18:379-84. 2003....
- [Depression after first myocardial infarction. A prospective study on incidence, prognosis, risk factors and treatment]Jacqueline J Strik
Afdeling Psychiatrie Academisch Ziekenhuis Maastricht
Tijdschr Gerontol Geriatr 34:104-12. 2003..The positive effect of antidepressive treatment on cardiac prognosis has as yet not been shown...
- Comparing symptoms of depression and anxiety as predictors of cardiac events and increased health care consumption after myocardial infarctionJacqueline J M H Strik
Department of Psychiatry, Academic Hospital Maastricht Maastricht University, Maastricht, Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:1801-7. 2003..We sought to compare symptoms of depression and anxiety as predictors of incomplete recovery after a first myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Associations of type-D personality and depression with somatic health in myocardial infarction patientsPeter De Jonge
Department of Internal Medicine, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, RB Groningen, The Netherlands
J Psychosom Res 63:477-82. 2007..There is some debate, however, that the association between depression and cardiac prognosis is confounded by somatic health. We therefore compared to what extent depression and type-D personality are associated with somatic health...
- Development and feasibility of a nurse administered strategy on depression in community-dwelling patients with a chronic physical diseaseJacques Th M van Eijk
Department of Health Care Studies, Section Medical Sociology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Universiteit Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 54:87-94. 2004..The intervention has been further improved on the basis of our experiences, and is now ready to be tested in an effectiveness study...
- Reply to a reader's commentJacqueline J M H Strik
Am J Cardiol 94:542. 2004
- Effects of antidepressant treatment following myocardial infarctionJoost P van Melle
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, P O Box 30 001, 9700 RB, The Netherlands
Br J Psychiatry 190:460-6. 2007..Depression following myocardial infarction is associated with poor cardiac prognosis. It is unclear whether antidepressant treatment improves long-term depression status and cardiac prognosis...
- Recognizing increased risk of depressive comorbidity after myocardial infarction: looking for 4 symptoms of anxiety-depressionJohan Denollet
Department of Psychology and Health, Tilburg University, Tilburg, The Netherlands
Psychother Psychosom 75:346-52. 2006..We therefore examined the co-occurrence of anxiety and depression after MI, and the validity of a brief mixed anxiety-depression index as a simple way to identify post-MI patients at increased risk of comorbid depression...
- Symptom dimensions of depression following myocardial infarction and their relationship with somatic health status and cardiovascular prognosisPeter De Jonge
University of Groningen Department of Psychiatry, The Netherlands
Am J Psychiatry 163:138-44. 2006..The authors' goal was to study the relationship between depressive symptom dimensions following myocardial infarction and both somatic health status and prospective cardiovascular prognosis...
- Prediction of depressive disorder following myocardial infarction data from the Myocardial INfarction and Depression-Intervention Trial (MIND-IT)Joost P van Melle
Department of Cardiology, Thorax Centre, University Medical Centre Groningen, P O Box 30 001, 9700 RB, The Netherlands
Int J Cardiol 109:88-94. 2006..Whether depression following MI can be predicted from variables routinely assessed during hospitalization for MI is unknown...