- Nursing home and nursing home physician: the Dutch experience
J M G A Schols
Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, Tilburg University and Nursing Home, de Riethorst, Geertruidenberg, The Netherlands
J Am Med Dir Assoc 5:207-12. 2004
..The article also shows that the combination of the medical knowledge of family physician and nursing home physician can be expected to increase the quality of medical care for the disabled elderly in institutions and in the community...
- Nutritional intervention in pressure ulcer guidelines: an inventory
J M G A Schols
Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Tilburg University, Tilburg, The Netherlands
Nutrition 20:548-53. 2004
..Recommendations with regard to nutritional intervention should be incorporated transparently into PU guidelines and should be complete, specific, testable, and cover the entire nutritional cycle...
- [Consulting the nursing home physician; an interesting but less used option]
E F van Dam van Isselt
Tijdschr Gerontol Geriatr 38:255-61. 2007
..To describe the current use of the consultation function of nursing home physicians. Setting Descriptive inventory study...
- [The multidisciplinary guidelines on nutrition for patients indicated for nursing home care, 2001]
J M G A Schols
Afd Verpleeghuisgeneeskunde UMC St Radboud, Nijmegen
Tijdschr Gerontol Geriatr 33:166-74. 2002
..Attention is also paid to the importance of an adequate implementation of the guidelines...
- Pressure ulcer care: nutritional therapy need not add to costs
J M G A Schols
De Riethorst Nursing Home, Geertruidenberg, Netherlands
J Wound Care 12:57-61. 2003
..But this therapy would not cost more if it reduced the duration of nursing care by even one day, this paper argues...
- [Falls in nursing homes: on average almost two per bed per year, resulting in a fracture in 1.3%]
B P J Dijcks
Universiteit Maastricht, Maastricht
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 149:1043-7. 2005
..To determine how many falls occur annually in Dutch nursing homes and how many fractures are the result of falls...
- [What are the most relevant parameters for malnutrition in nursing homes?]
J H M Visschedijk
Verpleeghuisarts, Zorggroep Solis, Deventer
Tijdschr Gerontol Geriatr 37:160-8. 2006
..Only a limited number has been studied in the elderly. In addition, more complicated parameters and tools have not revealed substantial added value to relatively simple parameters, such as foodrecords, weight loss and Body Mass Index...
- [Cognition problems during rehabilitation of stroke patients in a nursing home]
C M van Heugten
Universiteit Maastricht, Psychiatrie en Neuropsychologie, locatie DRT12, Postbus 676, 6200 MD Maastricht
Tijdschr Gerontol Geriatr 38:173-84. 2007
..In the discussion therefore arguments are given for specialised care - assessment as well as treatment - in the nursing home for stroke patients with cognitive deficits...
- [Frail elderly. Identification of a population at risk]
R J J Gobbens
Hogeschooldocent, lid kenniskring lectoraat Gerontologie, Avans Hogeschool Breda
Tijdschr Gerontol Geriatr 38:65-76. 2007
..This may lead to fragmentation of care with lack of an integral approach. In a follow-up study it will be tried to develop consensus on a conceptual and operational definition of frailty...
- Evaluation of the dissemination and implementation of a nutritional guideline for pressure ulcer care
J M M Meijers
Department of General Practice, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
J Wound Care 16:201-5. 2007
..This study investigated the degree to which the guideline was disseminated and implemented in clinical practice...
- Prevention of NSAID gastropathy in elderly patients. An observational study in general practice and nursing homes
M W F van Leen
Avoord Zorg and Wonen, Etten Leur, The Netherlands
Age Ageing 36:414-8. 2007
- [CBO guidelines to prevent accidental falls in the elderly: how can it be used in the institutionalized elderly?]
J C L Neyens
Fysiotherapeut, Verpleeghuis de Riethorst, Geertruidenberg
Tijdschr Gerontol Geriatr 36:155-60. 2005
..In nursing homes it is possible to perform such approach multidisciplinary...
- [Tissue donation in nursing homes; the situation two years after the introduction of the Organ Donation Act]
C J Anthonissen
Universitair Medisch Centrum St Radboud, Afd Verpleeghuisgeneeskunde, Nijmegen
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 146:412-5. 2002
..To ascertain the state of affairs in Dutch nursing homes with regard to the Organ Donation Act, two years after its introduction...