Affiliation: Sanquin Research
Country: The Netherlands
- Erythrocytapheresis versus phlebotomy in the initial treatment of HFE hemochromatosis patients: results from a randomized trialEva Rombout-Sestrienkova
Department of Clinical Consultancy Services, Sanquin Blood Supply, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Transfusion 52:470-7. 2012..Erythrocytapheresis provides a new therapeutic modality that can remove up to three times more red blood cells per single procedure and could thus have a clinical and economic benefit...
- [Erythrocytapheresis for hereditary haemochromatosis]Eva Rombout-Sestrienkova
Sanquin Bloedbank, unit klinisch consultatieve dienst, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 156:A4745. 2012..This procedure makes it is possible to collect more erythrocytes than during phlebotomy, resulting in significantly fewer treatment sessions being needed for the initial removal of overabundant iron...
- Therapeutic erythrocytapheresis versus phlebotomy in the initial treatment of hereditary hemochromatosis - A pilot studyEva Rombout-Sestrienkova
Sanquin Blood Bank Southeast Region, Geatano Martinolaan 95, 6229 GS Maastricht, The Netherlands
Transfus Apher Sci 36:261-7. 2007..Future prospective studies are needed to compare both therapies in a randomized setting...
- Decreased responsiveness and development of activation markers of PLTs stored in plasmaJoyce Curvers
Sanquin Blood Bank Southeast Region, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Transfusion 44:49-58. 2004..PLTs collected for transfusion purposes preferably have retained these properties to restore impaired hemostasis with thrombocytopenia...
- Red cell concentrates of hemochromatosis patients comply with the storage guidelines for transfusion purposesMarleen Luten
Department of Research and Education, Sanquin Blood Bank Southeast Region, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Transfusion 48:436-41. 2008..In this study, their storage performance was compared with that of control donors as a first step in the evaluation of their potential usefulness for transfusion...