Marco H G M Koppelman
Affiliation: Sanquin Research
Country: The Netherlands
- Multicenter evaluation of a commercial multiplex polymerase chain reaction test for screening plasma donations for parvovirus B19 DNA and hepatitis A virus RNAMarco H G M Koppelman
Department of Viral Serology, Sanquin Blood Supply Foundation, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Transfusion 52:1498-508. 2012..Three European laboratories evaluated the TaqScreen DPX test (DPX test), a multiplex nucleic acid test assay for the simultaneous detection and quantitation of parvovirus B19 (B19V) DNA and the detection of hepatitis A virus (HAV) RNA...
- Parvovirus B19 genotypes 1 and 2 detection with real-time polymerase chain reaction assaysM H G M Koppelman
Sanquin, Diagnostic Services Division, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Vox Sang 93:208-15. 2007..This dual testing approach enables the identification of molecular variants of B19V...
- No evidence of West Nile virus infection in Dutch blood donorsM H G M Koppelman
Sanquin Diagnostic Services, Viral Diagnostic Services Department, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Vox Sang 90:166-9. 2006..This study aimed to determine the prevalence of WNV infection among Dutch blood donors to assess whether WNV is a possible threat for the Dutch blood supply...
- Evaluation of COBAS AmpliPrep nucleic acid extraction in conjunction with COBAS AmpliScreen HBV DNA, HCV RNA and HIV-1 RNA amplification and detectionM H G M Koppelman
Sanquin Diagnostic Services, Viral Diagnostic Services Department, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Vox Sang 89:193-200. 2005....
- Quantitative real-time detection of parvovirus B19 DNA in plasmaMarco H G M Koppelman
Viral Diagnostic Services Department, Sanquin Diagnostic Services, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Transfusion 44:97-103. 2004....
- Multicenter performance evaluation of a transcription-mediated amplification assay for screening of human immunodeficiency virus-1 RNA, hepatitis C virus RNA, and hepatitis B virus DNA in blood donationsMarco H G M Koppelman
Sanquin Diagnostic Services, Department Viral Diagnostic Services, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Transfusion 45:1258-66. 2005..The sensitivity for HIV-1 and HCV met the directives of the Paul-Ehrlich Institute and the FDA. The assay can reduce the WP for HBV by 6 days to 2 weeks when used in small MP (<1:8) or single-donation screening protocols...
- Diversity and origin of hepatitis C virus infection among unpaid blood donors in the NetherlandsThijs J W van de Laar
Department of Infectious Diseases, Health Service, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Transfusion 46:1719-28. 2006..To improve transfusion policy and to increase understanding of the spread of hepatitis C virus (HCV) in the general population, HCV infections among voluntary Dutch blood donors were examined with molecular epidemiologic techniques...
- Parvovirus B19 viraemia in Dutch blood donorsH L Zaaijer
Sanquin, Central Laboratory of the Netherlands Blood Transfusion Service, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Epidemiol Infect 132:1161-6. 2004..We inferred that the course of viraemia in asymptomatic donors shows a short peak (> 10(9) copies parvovirus DNA/ml), followed by viraemia below 10(6) copies/ml for about 2 weeks...
- Diversity and origin of hepatitis B virus in Dutch blood donorsM H G M Koppelman
Department of Virology, Sanquin Central Laboratory of the Blood Transfusion Service, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Med Virol 73:29-32. 2004..On the other hand, it must be realised that, after 20 years of vaccination of at-risk groups, HBV still circulates in the at-risk groups and Dutch blood donors acquire the HBV strains involved...
- Development of an internally controlled PCR assay for broad range detection of bacteria in platelet concentratesI G H Rood
Sanquin, Diagnostic Services Division, Amsterdam, Plesmanlaan 125, 1066 CX, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Microbiol Methods 75:64-9. 2008..epidermidis in PCs. The assay detected all bacteria relevant for bacterial contamination of PCs. The short turn around time of the assay made it suitable for testing PCs for bacterial contamination prior to transfusion...
- Multiple surface antigen mutations in five blood donors with occult hepatitis B virus infectionH L Zaaijer
Central Laboratory of the Red Cross Blood Transfusion Service CLB, Sanquin, Amsterdam, Netherlands
J Med Virol 80:1344-9. 2008....
- Novel strategy for the selection of human recombinant Fab fragments to membrane proteins from a phage-display libraryAran F Labrijn
Department of Immunopathology, CLB and Laboratory of Experimental and Clinical Immunology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol Methods 261:37-48. 2002..Hence, the novel panning strategy described here may be applicable for selection of phage-libraries against membrane proteins...