Wim de Kort
Affiliation: Sanquin Research
Country: The Netherlands
- Platelet pool inventory management: theory meets practiceWim de Kort
Sanquin Blood Supply, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Transfusion 51:2295-303. 2011..This study aimed at minimizing outdating and shortages, while extending the TTO through a theoretical approach. It focuses on PCs processed from whole blood donations...
- Blood product collection and supply: a matter of money?W de Kort
Sanquin Blood Bank Southeast Region, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Vox Sang 98:e201-8. 2010..HDI comprises both economical and non-economical elements. We considered the hypothesis that non-economical, cultural differences may be additional factors in understanding blood donation and blood supply differences...
- Predicting hemoglobin levels in whole blood donors using transition models and mixed effects modelsKazem Nasserinejad
Department of Biostatistics, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Med Res Methodol 13:62. 2013..Hence, it is important to predict the future hemoglobin level to improve the planning of donors' visits to the blood bank...
- Adverse reactions, psychological factors, and their effect on donor retention in men and womenIngrid Veldhuizen
Department of Donor Studies, Sanquin Research, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Transfusion 52:1871-9. 2012..Is stopping risk solely related to the adverse reaction itself, or do the TPB variables play a role as well? Emphasis is placed on possible sex differences...
- Healthy donor effect: its magnitude in health research among blood donorsFemke Atsma
Department Donor Studies, Sanquin Research, and the Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and HTA, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Transfusion 51:1820-8. 2011..The healthy donor effect has been mentioned as a methodologic problem in blood donor health research. The aim of this study was to investigate different elements of the healthy donor effect...
- Cost-effectiveness of questionnaires in preventing transfusion-transmitted infectionsWim de Kort
Sanquin Blood Supply Foundation, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Transfusion 54:879-88. 2014..The cost-effectiveness of the donor health questionnaire (DHQ) as a tool to assess donor eligibility has not been quantified. This study focused on cost-effectiveness of the DHQ in preventing transfusion-transmitted infections (TTIs)...
- Exploring the dynamics of the theory of planned behavior in the context of blood donation: does donation experience make a difference?Ingrid Veldhuizen
Department Donor Studies, Sanquin Research, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Transfusion 51:2425-37. 2011..Does the same set of variables predict intention equally strong throughout the donor career?..
- Cardiovascular and demographic characteristics in whole blood and plasma donors: results from the Donor InSight studyFemke Atsma
Sanquin Blood Bank Unit Research and Education, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Transfusion 51:412-20. 2011..In this study, a description of the donor pool was made in terms of demographic factors and cardiovascular risk factors. The general Dutch population was used as a reference group...
- Risk factors for complications in donors at first and repeat whole blood donation: a cohort study with assessment of the impact on donor returnJohanna C Wiersum-Osselton
Donor Services Unit, Sanquin Blood Supply, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood Transfus 12:s28-36. 2014....
- Platelet ADP response deteriorates in synthetic storage mediaJeffrey F W Keuren
Sanquin Blood Bank Southeast Region, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Transfusion 46:204-12. 2006..The goal of this study was to evaluate the ADP-induced responses of PLTs stored in full plasma or in plasma and additive solution (AS)...