Emily R Adams
Affiliation: Royal Tropical Institute
Country: The Netherlands
- Development of a reverse transcriptase loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) assay for the sensitive detection of Leishmania parasites in clinical samplesEmily R Adams
Koninklijk Instituut voor de Tropen KIT Biomedical Research, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:591-6. 2010..The potential to use LAMP as a diagnostic tool for leishmaniasis is discussed...
- Diagnostic accuracy of molecular amplification tests for human African trypanosomiasis--systematic reviewClaire M Mugasa
Royal Tropical Institute, KIT Biomedical Research, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 6:e1438. 2012..Here, we investigated the diagnostic accuracy of molecular amplification tests for HAT, the quality of articles and reasons for variation in accuracy...
- Concomitant malaria among visceral leishmaniasis in-patients from Gedarif and Sennar States, Sudan: a retrospective case-control studyErika van den Bogaart
Department of Biomedical Research, Parasitology Unit, Royal Tropical Institute KIT, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 13:332. 2013..In VL-endemic areas with unstable and seasonal malaria, vulnerability to the disease persists through all age-groups, suggesting that in these populations, malaria may easily co-occur with VL, with potentially severe clinical effects...
- Leishmaniasis direct agglutination test: using pictorials as training materials to reduce inter-reader variability and improve accuracyEmily R Adams
Royal Tropical Institute Koninklijk Instituut voor de Tropen, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 6:e1946. 2012..However, subjective interpretation of results introduces potential for inter-reader variation. We report an assessment of inter-laboratory agreement and propose a pictorial-based approach to standardize reading of the DAT...
- Cytokine profiles amongst Sudanese patients with visceral leishmaniasis and malaria co-infectionsErika van den Bogaart
Department of Biomedical Research, Royal Tropical Institute KIT, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Immunol 15:16. 2014..The present study investigated whether concomitant infection with Leishmania donovani complex and Plasmodium falciparum in naturally co-infected patients altered the immunological response elicited by the two pathogens individually...
- Simple colorimetric trypanothione reductase-based assay for high-throughput screening of drugs against Leishmania intracellular amastigotesErika van den Bogaart
Department of Biomedical Research, Royal Tropical Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 58:527-35. 2014..The basic equipment and manipulation required to perform the assay make it easy to implement, simplifying the method for scoring inhibitor assays. ..