R H DeRijk
Affiliation: Rijngeest Groep
Country: The Netherlands
- A human glucocorticoid receptor gene variant that increases the stability of the glucocorticoid receptor beta-isoform mRNA is associated with rheumatoid arthritisR H DeRijk
Rijngeest Groep, Oegstgeest, The Netherlands
J Rheumatol 28:2383-8. 2001..To study the occurrence and function of polymorphism in the human glucocorticoid receptor (hGR) gene in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Glucocorticoid receptor variants: clinical implicationsR H DeRijk
Department of Psychiatry, Rijngeestgroep LUMC, Psychiatric Hospital, Endegeesterstraatweg 5, 2342 AJ, Oesgstsgeest, The Netherlands
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 81:103-22. 2002..The clinical implication is that the regulation of the HPA-axis should be envisioned as a primary target of new drugs for the treatment of stress-related disorders...
- Very low levels of the glucocorticoid receptor beta isoform in the human hippocampus as shown by Taqman RT-PCR and immunocytochemistryRoel H DeRijk
Division of Medical Pharmacology, Leiden University, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 116:17-26. 2003..A functionally relevant role for the GRbeta in control of the human hippocampus is therefore not very likely. Whether this is altered in disease conditions awaits further research...
- Corticosteroid resistance in a subpopulation of multiple sclerosis patients as measured by ex vivo dexamethasone inhibition of LPS induced IL-6 productionRoel H DeRijk
Section in Neuroendocrine Immunology and Behavior, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, 36 Convent Drive MSC 4020, Bethesda, MD 20892 4020, USA
J Neuroimmunol 151:180-8. 2004..We also found a trend towards worsening of clinical status over time with increasing corticosteroid resistance. These data suggest that corticosteroid sensitivity may be a factor in the pathogenesis and could be used for prognosis of MS...
- Enhanced tolerability of the 5-hydroxytryptophane challenge test combined with granisetronG E Jacobs
Centre for Human Drug Research, Leiden, The Netherlands, Department of Psychiatry, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Psychopharmacol 24:65-72. 2010....
- Elevated alpha-amylase but not cortisol in generalized social anxiety disorderJ F Van Veen
Department of Psychiatry, Leiden University Medical Center, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Psychoneuroendocrinology 33:1313-21. 2008..This suggests a relative increased activity of the ANS as compared to the HPA-axis, in line with the observed hyperarousal in gSAD...
- Poor replication of candidate genes for major depressive disorder using genome-wide association dataF J Bosker
Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Mol Psychiatry 16:516-32. 2011..The poor replication may point to publication bias and false-positive findings in previous candidate gene studies, and may also be related to heterogeneity of the MDD phenotype as well as contextual genetic or environmental factors...
- Therapy Insight: is there an imbalanced response of mineralocorticoid and glucocorticoid receptors in depression?E Ronald de Kloet
Department of Medical Pharmacology, Leiden University Medical Center and the Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Leiden, The Netherlands
Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab 3:168-79. 2007....
- Corticosteroid receptor polymorphisms: determinants of vulnerability and resilienceRoel H DeRijk
Division of Medical Pharmacology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden University, PO Box 9502, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharmacol 583:303-11. 2008....
- Hyperresponsiveness of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis to combined dexamethasone/corticotropin-releasing hormone challenge in female borderline personality disorder subjects with a history of sustained childhood abuseThomas Rinne
GGZ Buitenamstel, Department of Psychiatry, Free University Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biol Psychiatry 52:1102-12. 2002..Sustained childhood abuse rather than BPD, MDD, or PTSD pathology accounts for this effect. Possibly due to an enhanced efficacy of HPA suppression by dexamethasone, PTSD attenuates the ACTH response to DEX/CRH...
- A common polymorphism in the mineralocorticoid receptor modulates stress responsivenessRoel H DeRijk
Division of Medical Pharmacology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research Leiden University Medical Center, Gorlaeus Laboratories, P O Box 9502, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:5083-9. 2006..Mineralocorticoid receptors (MR) mediate the action of aldosterone on sodium resorption in kidney tubular cells, but in brain they respond to the glucocorticoid cortisol in stress regulation and cognitive processes...