Iwan A Meynaar
Affiliation: Reinier de Graaf Groep
Country: The Netherlands
- Introduction and evaluation of a computerised insulin protocolIwan A Meynaar
Intensive Care Unit, Reinier de Graaf Hospital, PO Box 5011, 2600 GA, Delft, Netherlands
Intensive Care Med 33:591-6. 2007..To lower glucose levels in all patients in the intensive care unit (ICU) to the target range of 4.5-7.5 mmol/l using a nurse-driven computerised insulin protocol in combination with bedside glucose measurement...
- Hospital mortality is associated with ICU admission timeHans A J M Kuijsten
Department of Intensive Care Medicine, University Medical Center Utrecht, Location AZU, Room F06 135, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
Intensive Care Med 36:1765-71. 2010..However these results have been challenged by numerous other studies. We therefore analysed this possible relationship between ICU admission time and in-hospital mortality in The Netherlands...
- In Critically Ill Patients, Serum Procalcitonin Is More Useful in Differentiating between Sepsis and SIRS than CRP, Il-6, or LBPIwan A Meynaar
Intensive Care Unit of the Reinier de Graaf Groep, Reinier de Graafweg 3 11, 2625AD Delft, The Netherlands
Crit Care Res Pract 2011:594645. 2011..PCT was best at discriminating between SIRS and sepsis with the highest area under the ROC curve (0.95, 95% CI 0.90-0.99). Discussion. This study showed that PCT is more useful than LBP, CRP and IL-6 in differentiating sepsis from SIRS...
- Serum neuron-specific enolase predicts outcome in post-anoxic coma: a prospective cohort studyIwan A Meynaar
Intensive Care Unit, Reinier de Graaf Gasthuis, Reinier de Graafweg 3 11, 2625 AD, Delft, Netherlands
Intensive Care Med 29:189-95. 2003..DESIGN. Observational cohort study. Clinicians were blinded to NSE results...
- Off hour admission to an intensivist-led ICU is not associated with increased mortalityIwan A Meynaar
ICU, Reinier de Graaf Groep, Reinier de Graafweg 3 11, 2625 AD Delft, Netherlands
Crit Care 13:R84. 2009..Caring for the critically ill is a 24-hour-a-day responsibility, but not all resources and staff are available during off hours. We evaluated whether intensive care unit (ICU) admission during off hours affects hospital mortality...
- Accuracy of AccuChek glucose measurement in intensive care patientsIwan A Meynaar
Intensive Care Unit, Reinier de Graaf Hospital, Reinier de Graafweg, Netherlands
Crit Care Med 37:2691-6. 2009..To evaluate the accuracy of the AccuChek Inform point-of-care glucose measurement device as compared with central laboratory glucose measurement...
- [Rapid response system in derangement of vital signs: five years experience in a large general hospital]Iwan A Meynaar
Reinier de Graaf Groep, afd Intensive Care, Delft, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 155:A3257. 2011..To identify and treat those patients at risk, our hospital implemented a rapid response system in 2004. The purpose of this paper is to describe implementation and results of our rapid response system...
- Outcomes of cancer patients after unplanned admission to general intensive care unitsMonique M E M Bos
Reinier de Graaf Hospital, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology Delft, The Netherlands
Acta Oncol 51:897-905. 2012..The aim of this study was to determine the characteristics and outcomes of cancer patients with unplanned admissions to general ICUs, and to compare these with outcomes of critically ill patients without cancer...
- Blood glucose amplitude variability as predictor for mortality in surgical and medical intensive care unit patients: a multicenter cohort studyIwan A Meynaar
Intensive Care Unit, Reinier de Graaf Hospital, Reinier de Graafweg 3 11, 2625 AD Delft, The Netherlands
J Crit Care 27:119-24. 2012..The aim of this study was to test the hypothesis that blood glucose amplitude variability (BGAV) is associated with mortality in critically ill patients...