Richard Oude Voshaar
Affiliation: Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre
Country: The Netherlands
- Tapering off long-term benzodiazepine use with or without group cognitive-behavioural therapy: three-condition, randomised controlled trialR C Oude Voshaar
University Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Psychiatry 182:498-504. 2003..Benzodiazepine withdrawal programmes have never been experimentally compared with a nonintervention control condition...
- Predictors of long-term benzodiazepine abstinence in participants of a randomized controlled benzodiazepine withdrawal programRichard C Oude Voshaar
Department of Psychiatry, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Can J Psychiatry 51:445-52. 2006..To identify predictors of resumed benzodiazepine use after participation in a benzodiazepine discontinuation trial...
- Tapering off benzodiazepines in long-term users: an economic evaluationRichard C Oude Voshaar
Department of Psychiatry, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Pharmacoeconomics 24:683-94. 2006..This study aimed to compare the relative costs and outcomes of tapering off long-term benzodiazepine use combined with group cognitive behavioural therapy (TO+CBT), tapering off alone (TOA) and usual care...
- Long-term outcome of two forms of randomised benzodiazepine discontinuationR C Oude Voshaar
Department of Psychiatry, Radboud University Medical Centre Nijmegen, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Psychiatry 188:188-9. 2006..03)...
- Zolpidem is not superior to temazepam with respect to rebound insomnia: a controlled studyRichard C Oude Voshaar
Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Centre St Radboud hp 333, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, Netherlands
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 14:301-6. 2004..We conclude that in clinical practice zolpidem has no advantages over temazepam with respect to rebound insomnia...
- Predictors of relapse after discontinuation of long-term benzodiazepine use by minimal intervention: a 2-year follow-up studyRichard Oude Voshaar
Department of Psychiatry hp 333, University Medical Centre St Radboud, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Fam Pract 20:370-2. 2003..Long-term results of minimal intervention strategies to cut down benzodiazepine use are not available...
- Effects of additional oxazepam in long-term users of oxazepamRichard C Oude Voshaar
Department of Psychiatry, Unit for Clinical Psychopharmacology and Neuropsychiatry, University Medical Center Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Clin Psychopharmacol 25:42-50. 2005..We conclude that additional dosages of oxazepam still exert pronounced effects after daily use for more than 10 years...
- Strategies for discontinuing long-term benzodiazepine use: meta-analysisRichard C Oude Voshaar
Department of Psychiatry, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, The Netherlands
Br J Psychiatry 189:213-20. 2006..3-14.2) was superior to systematic discontinuation alone. CONCLUSIONS: Evidence was found for the efficacy of stepped care (minimal intervention followed by systematic discontinuation alone) in discontinuing long-term benzodiazepine use...
- Cerebral emboli and depressive symptoms in dementiaNitin Purandare
University of Manchester, Division of Psychiatry, Education and Research Centre, South Manchester University Hospital, Manchester M23 9LT, UK
Br J Psychiatry 189:260-3. 2006..The vascular depression hypothesis and our recent findings of increased frequency of spontaneous cerebral emboli in dementia suggest that such emboli may be involved in the causation of depressive symptoms in dementia...
- Predictors of incident depression after hip fracture surgeryRichard C Oude Voshaar
Department of Psychiatry, Nijmegen Medical Centre, Radboud University, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 15:807-14. 2007..The incidence of new-onset depressive symptoms in patients initially not depressed after hip fracture surgery and their relationship with functional recovery is unknown...