W H P M Vissers
Affiliation: Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre
Country: The Netherlands
- Dermatological conditions during TNF-alpha-blocking therapy in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a prospective studyMarcel Flendrie
Department of Rheumatology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R666-76. 2005..It shows that dermatological conditions are a significant and clinically important problem in RA patients receiving TNF-alpha-blocking therapy...
- Topical treatment of mild to moderate plaque psoriasis with 0.3% tacrolimus gel and 0.5% tacrolimus cream: the effect on SUM score, epidermal proliferation, keratinization, T-cell subsets and HLA-DR expressionW H P M Vissers
Department of Dermatology, Radboud University Medical Centre Nijmegen, René Descartes dreef 1, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 158:705-12. 2008..g. the transcription of proinflammatory cytokines, keratinocyte hyperproliferation and the expression of HLA-DR in lesional psoriatic skin...
- The effect of alefacept on T-cell subsets and cells expressing NK receptors in lesional psoriatic skin: the effects of monotherapy and combination treatment with calcipotriolW H P M Vissers
Department of Dermatology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Dermatolog Treat 19:344-50. 2008..Furthermore, the addition of calcipotriol cream to alefacept treatment was studied and compared with alefacept monotherapy...
- Flexural versus plaque lesions in psoriasis: an immunohistochemical differentiationW H P M Vissers
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Centre St Radboud, Rene Descartesdreef 1, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Dermatol 15:13-7. 2005..We propose the decreased quantity of lesional CD161+ cells in the dermis of flexural psoriatic lesions may result from chronic microbial challenge in flexural psoriasis...
- Immunohistochemical differentiation between inflammatory linear verrucous epidermal nevus (ILVEN) and psoriasisW H P M Vissers
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Centre St Radboud, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Dermatol 14:216-20. 2004..T-cell subsets in ILVEN cum psoriasis had an intermediary position...
- The effect of the combination of calcipotriol and betamethasone dipropionate versus both monotherapies on epidermal proliferation, keratinization and T-cell subsets in chronic plaque psoriasisW H P M Vissers
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Centre St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Exp Dermatol 13:106-12. 2004..It is concluded that the action spectra of calcipotriol and betamethasone on the psoriatic plaque are different and that the combination has effects on T-cell subsets, beyond the addition of the effects of monotherapies...
- Effect of calcipotriol on epidermal cell populations in alefacept-treated psoriatic lesionsM W F M van Duijnhoven
Department of Dermatology, UMC St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 20:27-33. 2006..Epidermal cell populations were measured quantitatively with this sensitive method...
- Memory effector (CD45RO+) and cytotoxic (CD8+) T cells appear early in the margin zone of spreading psoriatic lesions in contrast to cells expressing natural killer receptors, which appear lateW H P M Vissers
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Centre St Radboud, PO Box 9101, René Descartes dreef 1, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 150:852-9. 2004..T-lymphocyte subsets in particular activated effector memory T cells and natural killer (NK) T cells have been suggested to play an important role in the pathogenesis of psoriasis...
- A double-blind, randomized quantitative comparison of calcitriol ointment and calcipotriol ointment on epidermal cell populations, proliferation and differentiationJ E M Körver
Department of Dermatology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 156:130-7. 2007..However, studies comparing both treatment modalities are scarce. Especially, there are almost no studies comparing the effects on epidermal cell populations in a quantitative manner...
- Aggravation of psoriasis by infections: a constitutional trait or a variable expression?S Blok
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Centre St Radboud, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Dermatol 14:259-61. 2004....
- The topical treatment of psoriasisP C M van de Kerkhof
Department of Dermatology, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Skin Pharmacol Appl Skin Physiol 16:69-83. 2003....
- Middle-aged man presenting with erythematous brownish plaques. Diagnosis: Kaposi's sarcoma (KS) as defining disease of acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) by HIV-1 infectionK L Staps
Department of Dermatology, Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital, and Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Dermatol 32:617-8. 2007