Piet Lcm van Riel
Affiliation: Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre
Country: The Netherlands
- Performance of the Dutch SF-36 version 2 as a measure of health-related quality of life in patients with rheumatoid arthritisPeter M ten Klooster
Department of Psychology, Health and Technology, University of Twente, PO Box 217, Enschede, AE 7500, The Netherlands
Health Qual Life Outcomes 11:77. 2013..The aim of this study was to examine the measurement properties of the Dutch SF-36 version 2 (SF-36v2) health survey in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Low infliximab serum trough levels and anti-infliximab antibodies are prevalent in rheumatoid arthritis patients treated with infliximab in daily clinical practice: results of an observational cohort studyAatke van der Maas
Department of Rheumatology, Sint Maartenskliniek, Hengstdal 3, 6522 JV, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:184. 2012..To get insight in the prevalence of high, or low/no serum infliximab trough levels in patients with low disease activity and if serum trough levels are stable and reliable longitudinally we conducted a prospective cohort study..
- High-density lipoprotein cholesterol subfractions HDL2 and HDL3 are reduced in women with rheumatoid arthritis and may augment the cardiovascular risk of women with RA: a cross-sectional studyElke Arts
Department of Rheumatology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Geert Grooteplein 8, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 14:R116. 2012..In this study, we investigated whether HDL2-chol and HDL3-chol concentrations differ between RA patients and healthy controls, and whether these levels are related to the level of RA disease activity...
- Efficacy and safety of combination etanercept and methotrexate versus etanercept alone in patients with rheumatoid arthritis with an inadequate response to methotrexate: the ADORE studyP L C M van Riel
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Department of Rheumatology, Geert Grooteplein 10, 6525 GA Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 65:1478-83. 2006..The response was defined by the presence of Disease Activity Score-28 joint count (DAS28) >or=3.2 or a combination of >or=5 swollen joints, >or=5 painful joints and erythrocyte sedimentation rate >or=10 mm/h.)..
- Established rheumatoid arthritis: clinical assessmentsPiet L C M van Riel
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Department of Rheumatology, PO Box 9101, 6500HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 21:807-25. 2007..For the evaluation of interventions, 'core sets' of valid measures to assess disease activity, outcome and specific criteria for improvement are used; these can, to some extent, be useful in clinical practice...
- Are patients' judgments of health status really different from the general population?Paul Fm Krabbe
Department of Epidemiology, Unit Health Technology Assessment, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Health Qual Life Outcomes 9:31. 2011..It was hypothesized that the more the measurement strategy was incorporated in measurement theory, the more similar the responses of patients and healthy people would be...
- Anti-infliximab antibodies are already detectable in most patients with rheumatoid arthritis halfway through an infusion cycle: an open-label pharmacokinetic cohort studyBart J F van den Bemt
Department of Pharmacy, Sint Maartenskliniek, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:12. 2011....
- Novel insights in the regulation of CCL18 secretion by monocytes and dendritic cells via cytokines, toll-like receptors and rheumatoid synovial fluidAntoine W T van Lieshout
Department of Rheumatology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
BMC Immunol 7:23. 2006..In this study we provide new insights in the regulation of CCL18 secretion by monocytes and dendritic cells...
- Survival dimensionality reduction (SDR): development and clinical application of an innovative approach to detect epistasis in presence of right-censored dataLorenzo Beretta
Referral Center for Systemic Autoimmune Diseases, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico and University of Milan, Milan, Italy
BMC Bioinformatics 11:416. 2010..Herein we introduce the Survival Dimensionality Reduction (SDR) algorithm, a non-parametric method specifically designed to detect epistasis in lifetime datasets...
- Functional consequences of DECTIN-1 early stop codon polymorphism Y238X in rheumatoid arthritisTheo S Plantinga
Department of Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, P, O, Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R26. 2010..In this study, dectin-1 mRNA and protein expression, as well as the recently characterized DECTIN-1 Y238X early stop codon polymorphism, were studied in relation to rheumatoid arthritis (RA) susceptibility and severity...
- The human anti-IL-1 beta monoclonal antibody ACZ885 is effective in joint inflammation models in mice and in a proof-of-concept study in patients with rheumatoid arthritisRieke Alten
Department of Internal Medicine II, Rheumatology, Schlosspark Klinik Teaching Hospital Charité University Medicine Berlin, Heubnerweg, D 14059 Berlin, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R67. 2008..IL-1beta is a proinflammatory cytokine driving joint inflammation as well as systemic signs of inflammation, such as fever and acute phase protein production...
- Experimental stress in inflammatory rheumatic diseases: a review of psychophysiological stress responsesSabine J M de Brouwer
Department of Medical Psychology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, P, O, Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R89. 2010....
- Testing for the association of the KIAA1109/Tenr/IL2/IL21 gene region with rheumatoid arthritis in a European family-based studyVitor Hugo Teixeira
GenHotel EA3886, Evry University Paris 7 University Medical School, AutoCure European Consortium, Evry Genopole, France
Arthritis Res Ther 11:R45. 2009..Therefore, our aim was to test this association in populations of European origin by using a family-based approach...
- Time to achieve remission determines time to be in remissionLydia G Schipper
Department of Rheumatology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Geert Grooteplein 8, Nijmegen, 6500 HB, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R97. 2010..The aim was to study the association between time-to-remission and sustainability of remission in a cohort of early RA patients treated according to daily practice...
- Outcome measures in inflammatory rheumatic diseasesJaap Fransen
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Department of Rheumatology, 6500HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 11:244. 2009..The objective of this review is to describe recent developments in outcome measures for inflammatory rheumatic diseases for trials and clinical practice, with an emphasis on rheumatoid arthritis...
- The ITGAV rs3738919-C allele is associated with rheumatoid arthritis in the European Caucasian population: a family-based studyLaurent Jacq
GenHotel EA3886, Evry Paris VII Universities, 91057 Evry Genopole Cedex, France
Arthritis Res Ther 9:R63. 2007..002, odds ratio = 1.94, 95% confidence interval = 1.3-2.9). The rs3738919-C allele of the ITGAV gene is associated with RA in the European Caucasian population, suggesting ITGAV as a new minor RA susceptibility gene...
- DAS28: a useful instrument to monitor infliximab treatment in patients with rheumatoid arthritisPiet L C M van Riel
Department of Rheumatology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 7:189-90. 2005..This result once more confirms the validity of the DAS28 to monitor disease activity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and to titrate treatment with biologicals...