Jos Wm Van der Meer
Affiliation: Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre
Country: The Netherlands
- Comment on "Detection of an infectious retrovirus, XMRV, in blood cells of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome"Jos W M Van der Meer
Department of Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, Netherlands
Science 328:825; author reply 825. 2010..The inclusion of patients from a "CFS outbreak" previously linked with a viral infection, without confirmation in sporadic CFS cases, casts doubt on the role of XMRV in the pathogenesis of CFS...
- Severe Candida spp. infections: new insights into natural immunityJos W M Van der Meer
Department Internal Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Int J Antimicrob Agents 36:S58-62. 2010..These studies also provide insights into how acquired risk factors for fungal infection operate, and may lead to new approaches for immunotherapy...
- Zinc and vitamin A supplementation fails to reduce sputum conversion time in severely malnourished pulmonary tuberculosis patients in IndonesiaTrevino A Pakasi
South East Asia Minister of Education Organization Tropical Medicine, Regional Center for Community Nutrition, University of Indonesia, Jl, Salemba Raya No 6, Jakarta Pusat 10420, Indonesia
Nutr J 9:41. 2010..A previous study showed that combination of zinc and vitamin A reduced sputum conversion time in pulmonary tuberculosis (TB) patients...
- Clinical assessment of the physical activity pattern of chronic fatigue syndrome patients: a validation of three methodsKorine Scheeres
Expert Centre Chronic Fatigue, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre 4628, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Health Qual Life Outcomes 7:29. 2009....
- Inhibition of caspase-1 activation in Gram-negative sepsis and experimental endotoxemiaEvangelos J Giamarellos-Bourboulis
4th Department of Internal Medicine, University of Athens, Medical School, 1 Rimini Str, 12462 Athens, Greece
Crit Care 15:R27. 2011..Down-regulation of ex-vivo cytokine production is a specific feature in patients with sepsis. Cytokine downregulation was studied focusing on caspase-1 activation and conversion of pro-interleukin-1β into interleukin-1β (IL-1β)...
- Influence of genetic variations in TLR4 and TIRAP/Mal on the course of sepsis and pneumonia and cytokine release: an observational study in three cohortsOliver Kumpf
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Management, HANSE Klinikum Stralsund, Grosse Parower Strasse 47 53, Stralsund 18435, Germany
Crit Care 14:R103. 2010....
- Dengue disease severity in Indonesian children: an evaluation of the World Health Organization classification systemTatty E Setiati
Department of Child Health, Dr Kariadi Hospital, Semarang, Indonesia
BMC Infect Dis 7:22. 2007..We aimed to assess the diagnostic accuracy of the WHO classification system and modifications to this system, and evaluated their potential practical usefulness...
- Modulation of inflammation by autophagy: consequences for Crohn's diseaseTheo S Plantinga
Department of Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Pharmacol 12:497-502. 2012..This review summarizes the recent advances in understanding the complex interaction between innate immunity pathways and autophagy, with a focus on the modulatory effects of autophagy on inflammation...
- High variability of TLR4 gene in different ethnic groups in IranMihai Ioana
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, and Nijmegen Institute for Infection, Inflammation and Immunity N4i, Department of Medicine, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Innate Immun 18:492-502. 2012..These findings suggest a weak, or absent, selection pressure on TLR4 polymorphisms in the Middle-East that does not support the assumption of an important role of these polymorphisms in the host defense against local pathogens...
- Functional consequences of toll-like receptor 4 polymorphismsBart Ferwerda
Department of Internal Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Mol Med 14:346-52. 2008..In addition, we review the geographical distribution of TLR4 polymorphisms and present a model for evolutionary pressures on the TLR4 genetic make-up...