Han J A Samwel
Affiliation: Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre
Country: The Netherlands
- The effectiveness and cost evaluation of pain exposure physical therapy and conventional therapy in patients with complex regional pain syndrome type 1. Rationale and design of a randomized controlled trialKarlijn J Barnhoorn
Department of Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, HB, The Netherlands
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:58. 2012..The aim of this study is to determine whether Pain Exposure Physical Therapy can improve functional outcomes in patients with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome type 1...
- The role of helplessness, fear of pain, and passive pain-coping in chronic pain patientsHan J A Samwel
Department of Medical Psychology, University Medical Center St Radboud Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin J Pain 22:245-51. 2006..The goal of this study was to examine the relative contribution of helplessness, fear of pain, and passive pain-coping to pain level, disability, and depression in chronic pain patients attending an interdisciplinary pain center...
- The role of fear-avoidance and helplessness in explaining functional disability in chronic pain: a prospective studyHan J A Samwel
Department of Medical Psychology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Int J Behav Med 14:237-41. 2007..Based on the fear-avoidance and helplessness models, the relative contribution of fear of pain, avoidance behavior, worrying, and helplessness were examined in relation to fluctuations in functional disability in chronic-pain patients...
- Multidisciplinary allocation of chronic pain treatment: effects and cognitive-behavioural predictors of outcomeHan J A Samwel
Department of Medical Psychology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Health Psychol 14:405-21. 2009..To increase overall treatment effects, tools are needed to identify patients most likely to benefit from tailored, comprehensive modular treatment schemes...
- Predicting outcome of TENS in chronic pain: a prospective, randomized, placebo controlled trialJan Oosterhof
Pain Expertise Centre, Department of Anesthesiology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Geert Grooteplein 10, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Pain 136:11-20. 2008..Predicting pain intensity reflects mechanisms of pain behavior and perceived control of pain, independent of treatment modality. Pain catastrophizing did not predict TENS treatment outcome...