Affiliation: Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre
Country: The Netherlands
- Impaired systolic blood pressure recovery directly after standing predicts mortality in older falls clinic patientsJoep Lagro
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, University mail code 925, PO Box 9100, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 69:471-8. 2014..The prognostic value of this initial BP drop, but also of the recovery hereafter, is unknown. The aim of this study was to examine the prognostic value of these BP characteristics in response to standing...
- Geriatric hypotensive syndromes are not explained by cardiovascular autonomic dysfunction aloneJoep Lagro
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 68:581-9. 2013....
- Diastolic blood pressure drop after standing as a clinical sign for increased mortality in older falls clinic patientsJoep Lagro
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Department of Geriatric Medicine, The Netherlands
J Hypertens 30:1195-202. 2012..Orthostatic hypotension, postprandial hypotension, and carotid sinus hypersensitivity are hypotensive syndromes with high prevalence in older people. However, their pathophysiology and prognostic significance remain largely unknown...
- Baroreflex function is reduced in Alzheimer's disease: a candidate biomarker?Aisha S S Meel-van den Abeelen
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Department of Geriatric Medicine, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Neurobiol Aging 34:1170-6. 2013..ChEI treatment increased BR with 66% (p < 0.01). BR was reduced in AD and increased after treatment with ChEI. BR might be a good biomarker to further explore the link between cardiovascular disease and AD...
- Hypotensive syndromes are not associated with cognitive impairment in geriatric patientsYvonne Schoon
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 28:47-53. 2013..59). In this geriatric population with a high prevalence of both hypotensive syndromes and cognitive impairment, patients with one or more hypotensive syndromes were not likely to have cognitive impairment...
- Impaired cerebral autoregulation and vasomotor reactivity in sporadic Alzheimer's diseaseAisha S S Meel van den Abeelen
Radboud University Medical Center, Department of Geriatric Medicine, 925, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Curr Alzheimer Res 11:11-7. 2014..Cerebrovascular dysfunction, expressed as impaired cerebral autoregulation and cerebral vasomotor reactivity, has been observed in transgenic mouse models for AD. Translation to human AD is limited and conflicting however...
- Oscillations in cerebral blood flow and cortical oxygenation in Alzheimer's diseaseArenda H E A van Beek
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Alzheimer Centre Nijmegen and Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Neurobiol Aging 33:428.e21-31. 2012..32 [0.15] rad; Δ gain 0.049 [0.014] μmol/cm/second, p both < 0.05). The altered transfer of CBF to cortical oxygenation in AD indicates that properties of the cerebral microvasculature are changed in this disease...