- Chloroquine modulates the fungal immune response in phagocytic cells from patients with chronic granulomatous diseaseStefanie S V Henriet
Department of Pediatrics, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
J Infect Dis 207:1932-9. 2013..Chloroquine targets both limbs of fungal pathogenesis and might be of great value in the clearance of invasive aspergillosis in patients with CGD...
- Invasive fungal infections in patients with chronic granulomatous diseaseStefanie Henriet
Department of Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Nijmegen Institute for Infection, Inflammation and Immunity, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Adv Exp Med Biol 764:27-55. 2013..This review summarizes current understanding of invasive fungal infections in patients with CGD and will serve as a starting point to guide optimal treatment strategies and to direct further research aimed at improving outcomes...
- Aspergillus nidulans and chronic granulomatous disease: a unique host-pathogen interactionStefanie S V Henriet
Department of Paediatrics, University Nijmegen Medical Centre, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Infect Dis 206:1128-37. 2012..This synopsis covers the current understanding of invasive infections caused by A. nidulans in the CGD patient and is intended to direct further research by indicating gaps in our knowledge and to guide optimal management strategies...
- Human leukocytes kill Aspergillus nidulans by reactive oxygen species-independent mechanismsStefanie S V Henriet
Department of Pediatrics, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, Netherlands
Infect Immun 79:767-73. 2011..In vivo, the NADPH oxidase is a critical regulator of innate immunity whose unraveling will improve our understanding of fungal pathogenesis in CGD...
- Low interleukin-17A production in response to fungal pathogens in patients with chronic granulomatous diseaseSanne P Smeekens
Department of Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Interferon Cytokine Res 32:159-68. 2012..In addition, cells from CGD patients did not display a defective L-tryptophan metabolism...