Jeroen G J Hasselaar
Affiliation: Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre
Country: The Netherlands
- Transmural palliative care by means of teleconsultation: a window of opportunities and new restrictionsJelle van Gurp
Department of Anesthesiology, Pain and Palliative Care, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Geert Grooteplein 10, Nijmegen, GA 6525, Netherlands
BMC Med Ethics 14:12. 2013..This paper aims at describing elements of both the physical workplace and the cultural-social context of the palliative care practice, which are imperative for the use of teleconsultation technologies...
- Development of a set of process and structure indicators for palliative care: the Europall projectKathrin Woitha
Department of Anaesthesiology, Pain and Palliative Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Geert Grote Plein 10, Nijmegen 6500 HB, The Netherlands
BMC Health Serv Res 12:381. 2012..This will support the implementation of public programmes, and will enable comparisons between organisations or countries...
- Comparison of legislation, regulations and national health strategies for palliative care in seven European countries (Results from the Europall Research Group): a descriptive studyKaren Van Beek
Department of Radiation Oncology and Palliative Medicine, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
BMC Health Serv Res 13:275. 2013..This paper aims to deliver a structured overview of the legislation, existing regulations and the different health care policies regarding palliative care in seven European countries...
- Study protocol: optimization of complex palliative care at home via telemedicine. A cluster randomized controlled trialFroukje Duursma
Department of Anesthesiology, Pain and Palliative Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Palliat Care 10:13. 2011..abstract:..
- Improving prescription in palliative sedation: compliance with dutch guidelinesJeroen G J Hasselaar
Department of Anesthesiology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Arch Intern Med 167:1166-71. 2007..The objective of the present study is to determine adherence to the guidelines for palliative sedation with regard to prescription. The study is restricted to the practice of continuous deep palliative sedation...
- Dealing with delicate issues in continuous deep sedation. Varying practices among Dutch medical specialists, general practitioners, and nursing home physiciansJeroen G J Hasselaar
Department of Anesthesiology, Pain, and Palliative Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, The Netherlands
Arch Intern Med 168:537-43. 2008..The following sensitive issues involved in CDS were investigated: artificial hydration, sedation for nonphysical discomfort, the relationship between CDS and euthanasia, and patient involvement in decision making for CDS...
- Palliative sedation until death: an approach from Kant's ethics of virtueJeroen G J Hasselaar
Department of Anesthesiology, Pain and Palliative Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Theor Med Bioeth 29:387-96. 2008..Because the latter can be difficult to diagnose properly, safeguards may be needed in order to prevent the application of CDS for the wrong reasons...
- Changed patterns in Dutch palliative sedation practices after the introduction of a national guidelineJeroen G J Hasselaar
Department of Anaesthesiology, Pain, and Palliative Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Postbus 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Arch Intern Med 169:430-7. 2009..The present follow-up study investigated whether the practice of continuous sedation has changed after the introduction of this guideline...
- When cancer symptoms cannot be controlled: the role of palliative sedationJeroen G J Hasselaar
Department of Anaesthesiology, Pain and Palliative Medicine, Radboud University, Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Support Palliat Care 3:14-23. 2009....