Inge C Gyssens
Affiliation: Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre
Country: The Netherlands
- How to educate prescribers in antimicrobial stewardship practicesCeline Pulcini
Service d Infectiologie, CHU de Nice, Nice, France
Virulence 4:192-202. 2013....
- A randomized trial of the efficacy and safety of sequential intravenous/oral moxifloxacin monotherapy versus intravenous piperacillin/tazobactam followed by oral amoxicillin/clavulanate for complicated skin and skin structure infectionsInge C Gyssens
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:2632-42. 2011..The primary aim of the RELIEF study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of two sequential intravenous (iv)/oral regimens: moxifloxacin iv/oral versus piperacillin/tazobactam (TZP) iv followed by oral amoxicillin/clavulanate (AMC)...
- Cross-sectional study of availability and pharmaceutical quality of antibiotics requested with or without prescription (Over The Counter) in Surabaya, IndonesiaUsman Hadi
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Infect Dis 10:203. 2010..The aim of this study was to explore a potential connection between resistance and substandard antibiotics sold in the area...
- Survey of antibiotic use of individuals visiting public healthcare facilities in IndonesiaUsman Hadi
Department of Internal Medicine, Dr Soetomo Hospital School of Medicine, Airlangga University, Jl Manyar Tirtomoyo II 21, Surabaya 60118, Indonesia
Int J Infect Dis 12:622-9. 2008..To estimate the antibiotic use of individuals visiting public healthcare facilities in Indonesia and to identify determinants of use against a background of high resistance rates...
- Antibiotic policyInge C Gyssens
Nijmegen Institute for Infection, Inflammation, and Immunity N4i and Department of Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Int J Antimicrob Agents 38:11-20. 2011..Special emphasis is placed on urinary tract infections. The value and support of antibiotic committees, guidelines, ID consultants and/or antimicrobial stewardship teams to prolong the efficacy of available antibiotics will be discussed...
- Determinants of carriage of resistant Escherichia coli in the Indonesian population inside and outside hospitalsD Offra Duerink
Department of Infectious Diseases, Leiden University Medical Centre, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands, and Department of Clinical Microbiology, Dr Kariadi Hospital, Semarang, Indonesia
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:377-84. 2007..This study analysed recent antibiotic use as well as demographic, socioeconomic, disease-related and healthcare-related determinants of rectal carriage of resistant Escherichia coli in the community and in hospitals in Indonesia...
- Effect of dosing and dosing frequency on the efficacy of ceftizoxime and the emergence of ceftizoxime resistance during the early development of murine abscesses caused by Bacteroides fragilis and Enterobacter cloacae mixed infectionLorna E T Stearne
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital, 6500 GS, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:3605-11. 2007..cloacae mutants. An fAUC-to-MIC ratio of 1,000 was needed to prevent the emergence of this resistance...
- Molecular characterization of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases in clinical Escherichia coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates from Surabaya, IndonesiaJuliette A Severin
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, s Gravendijkwal 230, 3015 CE, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:465-9. 2010..No detailed reports regarding extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL)-producing Enterobacteriaceae are currently available from Indonesia, the fourth most populous country in the world...
- Antibiotic prophylaxis and the risk of surgical site infections following total hip arthroplasty: timely administration is the most important factorMarjo E E Van Kasteren
Department of Internal Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin Infect Dis 44:921-7. 2007..This article analyzes the effect of various parameters of surgical antibiotic prophylaxis on the risk of SSI following total hip arthroplasty...
- Effect of recombinant murine granulocyte colony-stimulating factor with or without fluoroquinolone therapy on mixed-infection abscesses in miceLorna E T Stearne
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Erasmus MC University Medical Center Rotterdam, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:3668-75. 2005..In conclusion, the addition of G-CSF to a fluoroquinolone is not advisable since, depending on the virulence of the E. coli strains, this might detrimentally influence the outcome of therapy...
- TLR1, TLR2, and TLR6 Gene Polymorphisms Are Associated With Increased Susceptibility to Complicated Skin and Skin Structure InfectionsMark H T Stappers
Department of Internal Medicine Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital, Nijmegen, The Netherlands Hasselt University, Hasselt, Belgium
J Infect Dis 210:311-8. 2014..These invading microorganisms are recognized by pattern-recognition receptors (PRRs) of the innate immune system. This study assessed whether genetic variation in genes encoding PRRs influences the susceptibility to cSSSIs...
- Quality improvement of surgical prophylaxis in Dutch hospitals: evaluation of a multi-site intervention by time series analysisMarjo E E Van Kasteren
Department of Internal Medicine, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Antimicrob Chemother 56:1094-102. 2005..Misuse of antibiotics in surgical prophylaxis is still quite common. The objectives of this study were to reduce the quantity and improve the quality of surgical prophylaxis and to reduce costs...
- Unusually high prevalence of panton-valentine leukocidin genes among methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus strains carried in the Indonesian populationJuliette A Severin
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, s Gravendijkwal 230, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 46:1989-95. 2008..The high prevalence of PVL-positive S. aureus strains in certain regions of Indonesia is of concern since these strains may cause severe infections in the community and in hospitals...
- A role for TLR1, TLR2 and NOD2 in cytokine induction by Bacteroides fragilisMark H T Stappers
Department of Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Cytokine 60:861-9. 2012..This study identifies the receptor pathways of the innate immune response to B. fragilis, and thus provides new insights in the host defense against B. fragilis...
- A once-daily HAART regimen containing indinavir + ritonavir plus one or two nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (PIPO study)David M Burger
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University Medical Center Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Antivir Ther 8:455-61. 2003..A Phase II study was conducted to investigate the pharmacokinetics, and short-term safety and efficacy of an indinavir/ritonavir combination as part of a once-daily regimen...
- Risk factors for urological symptoms in a cohort of users of the HIV protease inhibitor indinavir sulfate: the ATHENA cohortJeanne P Dieleman
Pharmaco epidemiology Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Intern Med 162:1493-501. 2002..Nephrolithiasis is a well-known complication of indinavir treatment and may result in urological symptoms ranging from renal colic to renal insufficiency...
- Understanding variation in quality of antibiotic use for community-acquired pneumonia: effect of patient, professional and hospital factorsJeroen A Schouten
Centre for Quality of Care Research, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Geert Grooteplein Noord 21, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Antimicrob Chemother 56:575-82. 2005..Therefore, we measured the performance of nine quality indicators and studied determinants of variation in the quality of antibiotic use...
- Colonization and resistance dynamics of gram-negative bacteria in patients during and after hospitalizationP Margreet G Filius
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:2879-86. 2005..From a population perspective, the risk of dissemination of resistant gram-negative bacteria into the community through hospitalized patients appears to be low for general ward patients but is noticeably higher among ICU patients...
- Comparative study of the effects of ceftizoxime, piperacillin, and piperacillin-tazobactam concentrations on antibacterial activity and selection of antibiotic-resistant mutants of Enterobacter cloacae and Bacteroides fragilis in vitro and in vivo in mixeLorna E T Stearne
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:1688-98. 2004..cloacae and B. fragilis. Results demonstrate the adverse microbiological outcome of choosing an expanded-spectrum cephalosporin like CZX for empirical treatment of mixed infections involving a susceptible Enterobacter strain...
- Effect of a single percutaneous abscess drainage puncture and imipenem therapy, alone or in combination, in treatment of mixed-infection abscesses in miceLorna E T Stearne
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Erasmus MC, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:3712-8. 2002..Possible reasons for the reduced activity of imipenem in vivo are discussed, and we conclude that standard susceptibility tests overestimate the efficacy of this antibiotic against the organisms present in these abscesses...