Jacqueline A H Droste
Affiliation: Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre
Country: The Netherlands
- TDM: therapeutic drug measuring or therapeutic drug monitoring?Jacqueline A H Droste
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Ther Drug Monit 27:412-6. 2005..Almost half of the recommendations (44%) given were satisfactory. Levels of knowledge regarding HIV treatment appeared to be variable among the respondents and for this reason were partly incomparable...
- Evaluation of antiretroviral drug measurements by an interlaboratory quality control programJacqueline A H Droste
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 32:287-91. 2003..This variability may have important implications for therapeutic drug monitoring of these drugs and for pharmacokinetic studies. Interlaboratory testing is useful to alert laboratories to previously undetected analytical problems...
- Simultaneous determination of the HIV drugs indinavir, amprenavir, saquinavir, ritonavir, lopinavir, nelfinavir, the nelfinavir hydroxymetabolite M8, and nevirapine in human plasma by reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatographyJ A H Droste
Deparment of Clinical Pharmacy, University Medical Center Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Ther Drug Monit 25:393-9. 2003..This method proved to be simple, accurate, and precise and is useful for the therapeutic drug monitoring of protease inhibitors and the nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor nevirapine on a routine basis...
- Pharmacokinetic study of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate combined with rifampin in healthy volunteersJ A H Droste
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, P O Box 9101, 533 KF, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:680-4. 2005..In conclusion, adaptation of either the rifampin or the tenofovir DF dose for the simultaneous treatment of tuberculosis and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection in HIV-infected patients is probably not required...
- Assessment of drug-drug interactions between tenofovir disoproxil fumarate and the nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors nevirapine and efavirenz in HIV-infected patientsJacqueline A H Droste
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Radboud University, Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 41:37-43. 2006..Furthermore, the combination of efavirenz 600 mg and tenofovir DF 300 mg once daily was compared with use of efavirenz 600 mg once daily only...
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of nevirapine in resource-limited settingsRafaëlla F A L'homme
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin Infect Dis 47:1339-44. 2008..We developed a simple and inexpensive thin-layer chromatography (TLC) assay for semiquantitative detection of saliva concentrations of nevirapine in resource-limited settings. The method was validated in an African target population...
- Pharmacokinetics, food intake requirements and tolerability of once-daily combinations of nelfinavir and low-dose ritonavir in healthy volunteersR E Aarnoutse
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Clin Pharmacol 55:115-25. 2003..This study was performed to evaluate the steady-state pharmacokinetics, food intake requirements and short-term tolerability of once-daily combinations of nelfinavir and low-dose ritonavir...
- Nevirapine plasma concentrations are still detectable after more than 2 weeks in the majority of women receiving single-dose nevirapine: implications for intervention studiesEva Muro
Kilimanjaro Christian Medical College, Tumaini University, Moshe, Tanzania
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 39:419-21. 2005..To develop intervention strategies, it is important to know the interpatient variability in nevirapine half-life in women receiving a single dose of nevirapine...
- False-positive results in urine drug screening in healthy volunteers participating in phase 1 studies with efavirenz and rifampinCharles J L la Porte
Ther Drug Monit 28:286. 2006
- No virological failure in semen during properly suppressive antiretroviral therapy despite subtherapeutic local drug concentrationsSelwyn H Lowe
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Tropical Medicine and AIDS, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam
HIV Clin Trials 7:285-90. 2006..The aim of the study was to investigate whether drug resistance occurs earlier in seminal than in blood plasma with the use of such HAART regimens, of which only the two NRTIs achieve therapeutic concentrations in seminal plasma...
- Semen quality and drug concentrations in seminal plasma of patients using a didanosine or didanosine plus tenofovir containing antiretroviral regimenSelwyn H Lowe
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Tropical Medicine and AIDS, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ther Drug Monit 29:566-70. 2007..The authors conclude that ddI and TFV penetrate well into seminal plasma and that the reduced sperm motility deserves further study...