Sebastian J H Bredie
Affiliation: Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre
Country: The Netherlands
- Effectiveness of Nurse Based Motivational Interviewing for smoking cessation in high risk cardiovascular outpatients: a randomized trialSebastian J H Bredie
Dept of General Internal Medicine, Radboud University, Medical Centre Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs 10:174-9. 2011..To evaluate the feasibility and effectiveness of Nurse Based Motivational Interviewing (NBMI) on top of a routine patient based Lifestyle Inventory with Feedback (LIFE) in a cardiovascular outpatient secondary prevention setting...
- No significant effect of ginkgo biloba special extract EGb 761 in the treatment of primary Raynaud phenomenon: a randomized controlled trialSebastian J H Bredie
Department of General Internal Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 59:215-21. 2012..Medicinal treatment of vasospastic Raynaud phenomenon is limited to primarily vasodilator medicines...
- A retrospective cohort study on lifestyle habits of cardiovascular patients: how informative are medical records?Annemarie J Fouwels
Amsterdam Institute for Addiction Research, AMC, Meibergdreef 5, 1105 AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Health Serv Res 9:59. 2009....
- Low-dose aspirin for primary prevention of cardiovascular diseaseSebastian J H Bredie
Department of Medicine, University Medical Center St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Semin Vasc Med 3:177-84. 2003..Notwithstanding these results, for each patient it remains essential to balance the cardiovascular risk profile against the small increased risk of bleeding complications when prescribing aspirin...
- In vivo imaging of abdominal aortic aneurysms: increased FDG uptake suggests inflammation in the aneurysm wallMaarten Truijers
Department of Vascular Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
J Endovasc Ther 15:462-7. 2008..To study the potential of integrated positron emission tomography and computed tomography (PET/CT) to identify aneurysm wall inflammation...
- Pulse wave velocity in familial combined hyperlipidemiaEwoud ter Avest
Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Am J Hypertens 20:263-9. 2007....
- Effect of aging and obesity on the expression of dyslipidaemia in children from families with familial combined hyperlipidaemiaEwoud ter Avest
Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, Radboud University, Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin Sci (Lond) 112:131-9. 2007..However, aging-related post-maturation increases in adipose tissue mass also appear to contribute to an aggravation and/or modulation of this genetically determined apoB overproduction...
- Remnant particles are the major determinant of an increased intima media thickness in patients with familial combined hyperlipidemia (FCH)Ewoud ter Avest
Department of Medicine, 463 Division of General Internal Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Atherosclerosis 191:220-6. 2007....
- Retinal vein occlusion: a form of venous thrombosis or a complication of atherosclerosis? A meta-analysis of thrombophilic factorsMirian C H Janssen
Department of General Internal Medicine 591, Radboud University Medical Centre Nijmegen, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Thromb Haemost 93:1021-6. 2005..The minor effect of factor V Leiden mutation and the protrombin gene mutation (risk factors for venous thrombosis only) suggests that atherosclerosis might be an important factor in the development of CRVO...
- Fluorine 18 fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography in the diagnosis and follow-up of three patients with vasculitisChantal P Bleeker-Rovers
Department of Internal Medicine, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Am J Med 116:50-3. 2004
- Diagnosis of familial combined hyperlipidemia based on lipid phenotype expression in 32 families: results of a 5-year follow-up studyMario J Veerkamp
Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, University Medical Center Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 22:274-82. 2002..We demonstrate that apoB and small dense LDL are attractive new candidates for defining FCH. Further studies are indicated to evaluate the role of apoB and small dense LDL as diagnostic criteria for FCH...
- A brief behavioral feedback intervention in hospital outpatients with a high cardiovascular riskMaria J Emmen
Amsterdam Institute for Addiction Research, Overschiestraat 65, 1062 XD Amsterdam, Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 60:32-40. 2006..Examining the prevalence of risk behavior and motivation to change among hospital outpatients with a high cardiovascular risk, and the implementation and results of a brief behavioral feedback intervention by internists...
- Atorvastatin and simvastatin in patients on hemodialysis: effects on lipoproteins, C-reactive protein and in vivo oxidized LDLJudith M van den Akker
Department of Internal Medicine, Rijnstate Hospital of Arnhem, Arnhem, The Netherlands
J Nephrol 16:238-44. 2003..Moreover, the reduction of in vivo oxidatively modified LDL as shown in this ESRD population, may indicate that these statins exhibit favourable effects on oxidative stress in vivo...