Robert J Damstra
Affiliation: Phlebology and Lymphology
Country: The Netherlands
- Cancer-related secondary lymphoedema due to cutaneous lymphangitis carcinomatosa: clinical presentations and review of literatureR J Damstra
Nij Smellinghe Hospital, Department of Dermatology and Phlebology and Lymphology, Compagnonsplein, Drachten, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 19:669-75. 2010....
- Diagnosis and therapy in children with lymphoedemaR J Damstra
Department of Dematology, Phlebology and Lymphology, Nij Smellinghe Hospital Compagnonsplein 1, 9202 NN Drachten, The Netherlands
Phlebology 23:276-86. 2008..Lymphoedema (LE) is a disorder characterized by persistent swelling caused by impaired lymphatic drainage because of various aetiologies, including lymphatic injury and congenital functional or anatomical defects...
- Prospective, randomized, controlled trial comparing the effectiveness of adjustable compression Velcro wraps versus inelastic multicomponent compression bandages in the initial treatment of leg lymphedemaRobert J Damstra
Department of Dermatology, Phlebology and Lympho Vascular Medicine, Nij Smellinghe Hospital, Drachten, The Netherlands Electronic address
J Vasc Surg Venous Lymphat Disord 1:13-9. 2013....
- Circumferential suction-assisted lipectomy for lymphoedema after surgery for breast cancerR J Damstra
Department of Dermatology, Phlebology and Lymphology, Nij Smellinghe Hospital, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 96:859-64. 2009..Although most women can be treated by non-operative means with satisfying results, end-stage lymphoedema is often non-responsive to compression, where hypertrophy of adipose tissue limits the outcome value of compression or massage...
- Compression therapy in breast cancer-related lymphedema: A randomized, controlled comparative study of relation between volume and interface pressure changesRobert J Damstra
Department of Dermatology, Phlebology and Lymphology, Nij Smellinghe Hospital, Drachten, The Netherlands
J Vasc Surg 49:1256-63. 2009..The purpose of this study was to determine whether there is a difference between low and high-pressure bandaging in terms of therapeutically intended volume reduction of the compressed arm...
- Erysipelas as a sign of subclinical primary lymphoedema: a prospective quantitative scintigraphic study of 40 patients with unilateral erysipelas of the legR J Damstra
Department of Dermatology, Phlebology and Lymphology, Nij Smellinghe Hospital, 9202 NN Drachen, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 158:1210-5. 2008..The persistent swelling after erysipelas is then most likely caused by lymphoedema...
- Controlled, comparative study of relation between volume changes and interface pressure under short-stretch bandages in leg lymphedema patientsRobert J Damstra
Department of Dermatology, Phlebology and Lymphology, Hospital Nij Smellinghe, Drachten, The Netherlands
Dermatol Surg 34:773-8; discussion 778-9. 2008..Pressure loss under short-stretch bandages (SSBs) is a well-known phenomenon and is thought to be related to bandage relaxation and poor quality of application...
- Lymphatic venous anastomosis (LVA) for treatment of secondary arm lymphedema. A prospective study of 11 LVA procedures in 10 patients with breast cancer related lymphedema and a critical review of the literatureR J Damstra
Department of Dermatology, Phlebology and Lymphology, Nij Smellinghe Hospital, Compagnonsplein 1, 9202 NN, Drachten, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res Treat 113:199-206. 2009..Because of the lack of prospective research on this topic, this study was undertaken to prospectively determine the effect of Lympho Venous Anastomosis (LVA) on BCRL and to review the current literature...
- Prospective, randomized, controlled trial comparing a new two-component compression system with inelastic multicomponent compression bandages in the treatment of leg lymphedemaD A A Lamprou
Department of Dermatology, Phlebology, and Lymphology, Nij Smellinghe Hospital, Drachten, The Netherlands
Dermatol Surg 37:985-91. 2011..New, less-bulky, short-stretch compression bandages could be a valuable alternative in the management of lymphedema of the leg...
- [New surgical options for patients with secondary lymphedema of the arm who no longer benefit from regular treatment]H G J Voesten
Ziekenhuis Nij Smellinghe, Compagnonsplein 1, Drachten
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 152:1061-5. 2008..In order to make the results lasting, the patients have to wear medical elastic stockings day and night for the rest of their lives. Long-term volume measurements are essential...
- Validation of the inverse water volumetry method: A new gold standard for arm volume measurementsRobert J Damstra
Department of Dermatology, Phlebology and Lymphology, Hospital Nij Smellinghe, Compagnonsplein 1, 9202, NN Drachten, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res Treat 99:267-73. 2006..Knowing the exact volume in (potential) lymphedemic arms and comparing this volume with healthy arms is important to detect the first signs of lymphedema and to study the effects of treatment...
- A comparison of twice-daily calcipotriol ointment with once-daily short-contact dithranol cream therapy: quality-of-life outcomes of a randomized controlled trial of supervised treatment of psoriasis in a day-care settingJ de Korte
Department of Dermatology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 158:375-81. 2008..Quality of life, i.e. the physical, psychological, and social functioning and well-being of the patient, has become an essential outcome measure in chronic skin disease...