Affiliation: Pepscan Systems
Country: The Netherlands
- Bioactive peptides based on diversity libraries, supramolecular chemistry and rational design: a new class of peptide drugs. IntroductionRob Meloen
Pepscan Systems BV, Lelystad, The Netherlands
Mol Divers 8:57-9. 2004..The molecules of this growing class have exciting potential, not met by classical drugs based on small molecules or recombinant proteins...
- Design of synthetic peptides for diagnosticsR H Meloen
Pepscan Systems, P O Box 2098, 8203 AB Lelystad, The Netherlands
Curr Protein Pept Sci 4:253-60. 2003..Moreover recent results indicate that synthetic molecules may also replace antibodies. Ultimately this will lead to diagnostic assays built of synthetic molecules only...
- Active immunization against gonadotrophin-releasing hormone in Chinese male pigsX Y Zeng
Isotope Research Lab, Sichuan Agricultural University, Ya'an, P.R. China
Reprod Domest Anim 36:101-5. 2001..The present data demonstrate for the first time that the newly developed anti-GnRH vaccine works very well under practical Chinese pig farming conditions, and can be an attractive alternative to surgical castration...
- GnRH tandem peptides for inducing an immunogenic response to GnRH-I without cross-reactivity to other GnRH isoformsJ A Turkstra
Pepscan Systems, Edelhertweg 15, 8219 PH, Lelystad, The Netherlands
Vaccine 23:4915-20. 2005..The results show that GnRH antigens can be designed which generate antibodies that specifically bind GnRH-I, without cross-reacting with other GnRH isoforms...
- Effects of GnRH immunization in sexually mature pony stallionsJ A Turkstra
Pepscan Systems, Edelhertweg 15, 8219 PH Lelystad, The Netherlands
Anim Reprod Sci 86:247-59. 2005....
- New transport peptides broaden the horizon of applications for peptidic pharmaceuticalsJ P M Langedijk
Pepscan Systems B V, Lelystad, The Netherlands
Mol Divers 8:101-11. 2004..In this assay, a fluorescent signal is generated by internalized enzyme in intact cells and not by membrane-bound or extracellular enzyme...
- Performance of male pigs immunized against GnRH is related to the time of onset of biological responseJ A Turkstra
Pepscan Systems B V, 8219 PH Lelystad, The Netherlands
J Anim Sci 80:2953-9. 2002..However, for both characteristics L-IM pigs and intact boars performed better (P < 0.03) than E-IM pigs. Thus, growth performance in L-IM is better than in either E-IM or surgical castrates...
- Effects of active immunization against GnRH on serum LH, inhibin A, sexual development and growth rate in Chinese female pigsX Y Zeng
Isotope Research Lab, Sichuan Agricultural University, Ya an, PR China
Theriogenology 58:1315-26. 2002..Our results also question the beneficial effect of surgical castration on growth as compared to intact controls...
- A structural model of pestivirus E(rns) based on disulfide bond connectivity and homology modeling reveals an extremely rare vicinal disulfideJ P M Langedijk
Pepscan Systems Inc, Edelhertweg 15, PO Box 2098, 8203 AB Lelystad, The Netherlands
J Virol 76:10383-92. 2002..The homology to mammalian RNase 6 supports a possible role of E(rns) in B-cell depletion...
- Synthetic peptides as functional mimics of a viral discontinuous antigenic siteJ Villen
Department of Organic Chemistry, University of Barcelona, Marti i Franques 1, E 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Biologicals 29:265-9. 2001..These results demonstrate functional mimicry of the discontinuous site D by the peptides, which are therefore obvious candidates for a multicomponent peptide-based vaccine against FMDV...
- The nature of the bond between peptide and carrier molecule determines the immunogenicity of the constructN J Beekman
Institute for Animal Science and Health (ID-Lelystad, Department of Molecular Recognition, Lelystad, The Netherlands
J Pept Res 58:237-45. 2001....
- Synthetic peptide vaccines: unexpected fulfillment of discarded hope?R H Meloen
Pepscan Systems B V, 8203 AB Lelystad, The Netherlands
Biologicals 29:233-6. 2001..Moreover, the ability to mimic complex discontinuous sites by synthetic peptides will have a major impact on the rapidly developing area of therapeutic vaccines...
- Pharmacological characterization of STKR, an insect G protein-coupled receptor for tachykinin-like peptidesH Torfs
Laboratory for Developmental Physiology and Molecular Biology, Zoological Institute, K.U. Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 48:39-49. 2001..calcitrans), also proved to be an STKR-agonist. Stc-TK, a potential physiological ligand for STKR, contains an Ala-residue (or A) instead of a highly conserved Gly-residue (or G). Arch...
- Inactivated recombinant plant virus protects dogs from a lethal challenge with canine parvovirusJ P Langeveld
Institute for Animal Science and Health (ID-Lelystad, PO Box 65 NL-8200 AB, Lelystad, The Netherlands
Vaccine 19:3661-70. 2001....
- Monitoring health by values of acute phase proteinsErik Gruys
Department of Pathobiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Yalelaan 1, NL 3508 TD Utrecht, The Netherlands
Acta Histochem 108:229-32. 2006..Applying such technology may help to address health problems in many countries...