Nicole Y L Oei
Country: The Netherlands
- Stress shifts brain activation towards ventral 'affective' areas during emotional distractionNicole Y L Oei
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition, Postzone C2 S, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 7:403-12. 2012..These results suggest that acute stress shifts priority towards processing of emotionally significant stimuli, at the cost of WM performance...
- Propranolol reduces emotional distraction in working memory: a partial mediating role of propranolol-induced cortisol increases?Nicole Y L Oei
Leiden University Institute of Psychology, Leiden, The Netherlands
Neurobiol Learn Mem 93:388-95. 2010..In future non-clinical and clinical memory studies using propranolol administration, cortisol elevations should be monitored to further investigate the potential mediating role of cortisol...
- Endogenous cortisol is associated with functional connectivity between the amygdala and medial prefrontal cortexIlya M Veer
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition LIBC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Psychoneuroendocrinology 37:1039-47. 2012..We propose that through this feedback mechanism the stress response might be adjusted, pointing to the putative role of cortisol in modulating stress- and, more generally, emotional responses...
- Beyond acute social stress: increased functional connectivity between amygdala and cortical midline structuresIlya M Veer
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition, Leiden, The Netherlands
Neuroimage 57:1534-41. 2011..These results on functional connectivity in the recovery phase after stress might provide an important new vantage point in studying both sensitivity and resilience to stress...
- Differential and distributed effects of dopamine neuromodulations on resting-state network connectivityDavid M Cole
Centre for Neuroscience, Division of Experimental Medicine, Imperial College London, London, UK
Neuroimage 78:59-67. 2013....
- Familial longevity is marked by lower diurnal salivary cortisol levels: the Leiden Longevity StudyRaymond Noordam
Department of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e31166. 2012..In this study we assessed whether these offspring have a lower HPA axis activity, as measured by lower levels of cortisol and higher cortisol feedback sensitivity...
- Dopamine modulates reward system activity during subconscious processing of sexual stimuliNicole Y L Oei
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition LIBC, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Neuropsychopharmacology 37:1729-37. 2012..This running start of the reward system might explain the pull of rewards in individuals with compulsive reward-seeking behaviors such as hypersexuality and patients who receive dopaminergic medication...
- Non-parametric model selection for subject-specific topological organization of resting-state functional connectivityLuca Ferrarini
LKEB, Department of Radiology, Division of Image Processing, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Neuroimage 56:1453-62. 2011..Our results provide statistically sound support to the evidence previously presented in literature for a truncated power-law model of resting-state functional connectivity...