Nicole Y L Oei
Country: The Netherlands
- Acute stress-induced cortisol elevations mediate reward system activity during subconscious processing of sexual stimuliNicole Y L Oei
Department of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands Department of Radiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands Electronic address
Psychoneuroendocrinology 39:111-20. 2014..Future studies investigating effects of stress on reward sensitivity should take into account the severity of the stressor and the individual cortisol response to stress...
- Stress shifts brain activation towards ventral 'affective' areas during emotional distractionNicole Y L Oei
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition, Postzone C2 S, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 7:403-12. 2012..These results suggest that acute stress shifts priority towards processing of emotionally significant stimuli, at the cost of WM performance...
- Propranolol reduces emotional distraction in working memory: a partial mediating role of propranolol-induced cortisol increases?Nicole Y L Oei
Leiden University Institute of Psychology, Leiden, The Netherlands
Neurobiol Learn Mem 93:388-95. 2010..In future non-clinical and clinical memory studies using propranolol administration, cortisol elevations should be monitored to further investigate the potential mediating role of cortisol...
- Endogenous cortisol is associated with functional connectivity between the amygdala and medial prefrontal cortexIlya M Veer
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition LIBC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Psychoneuroendocrinology 37:1039-47. 2012..We propose that through this feedback mechanism the stress response might be adjusted, pointing to the putative role of cortisol in modulating stress- and, more generally, emotional responses...
- Beyond acute social stress: increased functional connectivity between amygdala and cortical midline structuresIlya M Veer
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition, Leiden, The Netherlands
Neuroimage 57:1534-41. 2011..These results on functional connectivity in the recovery phase after stress might provide an important new vantage point in studying both sensitivity and resilience to stress...
- Familial longevity is marked by lower diurnal salivary cortisol levels: the Leiden Longevity StudyRaymond Noordam
Department of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e31166. 2012..In this study we assessed whether these offspring have a lower HPA axis activity, as measured by lower levels of cortisol and higher cortisol feedback sensitivity...
- Dopamine modulates reward system activity during subconscious processing of sexual stimuliNicole Y L Oei
Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition LIBC, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Neuropsychopharmacology 37:1729-37. 2012..This running start of the reward system might explain the pull of rewards in individuals with compulsive reward-seeking behaviors such as hypersexuality and patients who receive dopaminergic medication...
- Differential and distributed effects of dopamine neuromodulations on resting-state network connectivityDavid M Cole
Centre for Neuroscience, Division of Experimental Medicine, Imperial College London, London, UK
Neuroimage 78:59-67. 2013....
- Non-parametric model selection for subject-specific topological organization of resting-state functional connectivityLuca Ferrarini
LKEB, Department of Radiology, Division of Image Processing, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Neuroimage 56:1453-62. 2011..Our results provide statistically sound support to the evidence previously presented in literature for a truncated power-law model of resting-state functional connectivity...