Koen J F Verhoeven
Affiliation: Netherlands Institute of Ecology
Country: The Netherlands
- Verhoeven K, Biere A. Geographic parthenogenesis and plant-enemy interactions in the common dandelion. BMC Evol Biol. 2013;13:23 pubmed publisher..The prevalence of pests and pathogens decreased along the south-to-north axis of geographic parthenogenesis. This highlights the potential of biotic interactions in shaping patterns of geographic parthenogenesis. ..
- Ferreira de Carvalho J, Oplaat C, Pappas N, Derks M, de Ridder D, Verhoeven K. Heritable gene expression differences between apomictic clone members in Taraxacum officinale: Insights into early stages of evolutionary divergence in asexual plants. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:203 pubmed publisher..These findings offer valuable resources for future work looking at epigenetic silencing and Cis-regulation of gene expression with particular emphasis on the effects of TE activity on asexual species' genome. ..
- Verhoeven K, Jansen J, van Dijk P, Biere A. Stress-induced DNA methylation changes and their heritability in asexual dandelions. New Phytol. 2010;185:1108-18 pubmed publisher..This highlights the potential of epigenetic inheritance to play an independent role in evolutionary processes, which is superimposed on the system of genetic inheritance...
- Verhoeven K, van Dijk P, Biere A. Changes in genomic methylation patterns during the formation of triploid asexual dandelion lineages. Mol Ecol. 2010;19:315-24 pubmed publisher..The observed background level of methylation variation suggests that considerable autonomous methylation variation could build up within asexual lineages under natural conditions...
- Verhoeven K, Macel M, Wolfe L, Biere A. Population admixture, biological invasions and the balance between local adaptation and inbreeding depression. Proc Biol Sci. 2011;278:2-8 pubmed publisher..The inbreeding cost can be revealed in admixing populations during recent invasions. ..
- Verhoeven K, van Gurp T. Transgenerational effects of stress exposure on offspring phenotypes in apomictic dandelion. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38605 pubmed publisher..This study shows that stress exposure in apomictic dandelions can cause transgenerational phenotypic effects, in addition to previously demonstrated transgenerational DNA methylation effects. ..