Roy J E M Raymann
Affiliation: Netherlands Institute of Ecology
Country: The Netherlands
- Cutaneous warming promotes sleep onsetRoy J E M Raymann
Netherlands Institute for Brain Research, Graduate School Neurosciences Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 288:R1589-97. 2005..Circadian and sleep-appetitive behavior-induced variations in skin temperature might act as an input signal to sleep-regulating systems...
- Circadian and age-related modulation of thermoreception and temperature regulation: mechanisms and functional implicationsEus J W Van Someren
The Netherlands Institute for Brain Research, Meibergdreef 33, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ageing Res Rev 1:721-78. 2002....
- Skin temperature and sleep-onset latency: changes with age and insomniaRoy J E M Raymann
Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience NIN, Meibergdreef 47, 1105 BA Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Physiol Behav 90:257-66. 2007..The sensitivity of sleep propensity to foot warming changes with age and is attenuated in age-related insomnia...
- Time-on-task impairment of psychomotor vigilance is affected by mild skin warming and changes with aging and insomniaRoy J E M Raymann
Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sleep 30:96-103. 2007..To investigate the effect of mild manipulations of core and skin temperature on psychomotor vigilance (PVT) in young adults, elderly, and elderly insomniacs...
- Skin deep: enhanced sleep depth by cutaneous temperature manipulationRoy J E M Raymann
Department of Sleep and Cognition, Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, Institute of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Brain 131:500-13. 2008....
- Evaluation of wireless determination of skin temperature using iButtonsWouter D van Marken Lichtenbelt
Nutrition and Toxicology Institute Maastricht NUTRIM, Department of Human Biology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Physiol Behav 88:489-97. 2006..In conclusion, the application of iButtons is advantageous for measuring skin temperatures in those situations in which wired instruments are unpractical and fast responses are not required...
- Manipulation of core body and skin temperature improves vigilance and maintenance of wakefulness in narcolepsyRolf Fronczek
Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Sleep 31:233-40. 2008..We previously showed their sleepiness to be correlated to an abnormally regulated skin temperature, i.e., increased distal skin temperature compared with proximal skin temperature...