Affiliation: Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research
Country: The Netherlands
- Green space, urbanity, and health: how strong is the relation?Jolanda Maas
NIVEL, Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, PO Box 1568, 3500 BN Utrecht, Netherlands
J Epidemiol Community Health 60:587-92. 2006..This relation is analysed for different age and socioeconomic groups. Furthermore, it is analysed separately for urban and more rural areas, because the strength of the relation was expected to vary with urbanity...
- Physical activity as a possible mechanism behind the relationship between green space and health: a multilevel analysisJolanda Maas
NIVEL Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, PO Box 1568, 3500 BN, Utrecht, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 8:206. 2008..When an association between green space and physical activity was found, we analysed whether this could explain the relationship between green space and health...
- Validation of model-based estimates (synthetic estimates) of the prevalence of risk factors for coronary heart disease for wards in EnglandPeter Scarborough
Department of Public Health, University of Oxford, Old Road Campus, Headington, Oxford OX3 7LF, UK
Health Place 15:596-605. 2009..Model-based estimates of the prevalence of smoking, low fruit and vegetable consumption, obesity, hypertension and raised cholesterol are found to be valid...
- Neighbourhood safety and leisure-time physical activity among Dutch adults: a multilevel perspectiveDaniëlle Kramer
Department of Public Health, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 10:11. 2013..However, the association with neighbourhood safety remains unclear. This study aimed to assess the association of neighbourhood-level safety with leisure-time walking and cycling among Dutch adults...
- Social contacts as a possible mechanism behind the relation between green space and healthJolanda Maas
NIVEL Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, P O Box 1568, 3500 BN Utrecht, The Netherlands
Health Place 15:586-95. 2009..Loneliness and perceived shortage of social support partly mediated the relation between green space and health...
- The association between physical environment and cycling to school among Turkish and Moroccan adolescents in AmsterdamTomi E Mäki-Opas
Department of Public Health, Academic Medical Center AMC, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Public Health 59:629-36. 2014..This study examined the effect of physical environment on cycling to and from school among boys and girls of Turkish and Moroccan origin living in Amsterdam...
- Circulating mitochondrial nucleic acids have prognostic value for survival in patients with advanced prostate cancerNiven Mehra
Department of Medical Oncology, University Medical Center Utrecht, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 13:421-6. 2007..We assessed whether we could distinguish poor from good prognosis patients at presentation in our clinic by means of quantifying circulating cell-free mitochondrial and genomic nucleic acids in plasma...